- por Perch, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Will the Google translation need to configure manually to auto detect language to what ever your language there no option todo that but little bit tweaking on the url (#pl to #auto) (your language en (english) to what ever you like) then the google translate is now work perfectly.Hi! Based on your review I actually tweaked the default Google Translate engine for the next update. It now uses the "auto" parameter and translates to english, instead of my previous example. ;) You won't see this change (unless you reset the engines) since you've already customized things to your liking, but new users will get a more useful engine, so thanks!
- por prempatel8, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Tip - if you want to remove the shortcuts associated with this extension remove them from it's Options page and from the Firefox Manage Extension Shortcuts page.UPDATE: Very happy that you solved this! :) Thanks for the review!
For other users: changing the shortcuts from Firefox's "Manage Extension Shortcuts" menu doesn't work for SSS right now, so you must use the addon options page. That's because.....I didn't know that that menu existed!
I'll try to deal with this in the future.
- por Ftfk, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5edit: my "request" was actually already a built-in feature.. nothing else to add, this is a great add-on.
This should be a default feat of firefox, very useful.
One request : I've like 5 languages translation from google translate, all appear with the same icon. The half second wait (x4) for the name of the shortcut to appear when hovering with the mouse is too long...
It would be nice to customize the icon, or add a caption. All could be saved with the "export" feat.
Thanks for this appHi there! Thanks a lot for the review. :)
You can already customize the icon URLs however you want. ;) Simply replace the default icon URL with a link to any image on the web and SSS will download it, resize it to a small size, and save it as data, so it doesn't have to download it again.
I hope this helps!
- por Usuario de Firefox 13441984, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5I would like to see more search engines to select from. Adding new one isnt as easy as I woud wish. (Just like bing, DuckDuckGo etc.) They could be turned off by default tho. But anyway it saves me few seconds of ctrlc/ctrlv :D
Edit: Is is possible to poen search in new tab by default? I cant find it.. settings for this addon are confusing tbhI understand and will think about this. ;) The problem with adding more engines by default is "where do I stop?", but yeah, Bing and DuckDuckGo are common enough that they could be in SSS by default.
Thanks for the review! :)
- por Usuario de Firefox 15733498, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 4 de 5Awesome add-on, huge customization facility, quite easy to handle! Fantastic!
BUT: Unfortunately, it seems not to work in Firefox' reader view. Even after i pressed the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Space), SSS did not give any sign of live. But when viewing the same website outside reader view, SSS worked fine.
I often use reader view and would like to use SSS combined with it, e.g. to search expressions from a complex article in a dictionary. Could you please let me know if there is a way to use SSS inside reader view? Thanks :-)Hello and thanks! :)
Sadly, there's nothing SSS can do in the reader view. This is an issue in Firefox itself, since it doesn't allow extensions to add content to the reader view (the issue is tracked here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1371786 and in my own issues page here: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues/144).
It seems we'll have to wait! :(