- Se valoró con 1 de 5por juan riccio, el hace 3 añosA service like this is necessary, so the idea is good although certainly not new: there are already dozens of temp email sites, and this is no better. The domain name gives it away immediately, so it's a matter of days for the spammers to add relay.firefox.com to the list of "invalid" email address they won't accept for signing up.
What we really need is temp addresses with a legit domain! For example, @mozillamail.com would be fine, as long as it provides real addresses too - just like, say, gmail. What matters is that the same domain hosts both temp and legit addresses, so the spammers can't tell temporary from legitimate. Yes, it's probably harder on the server. But short of that, such a service is nearly useless, as is the extension.
If/when done like this, users will want an easy way to reply to the spammer from the legit address via the temp address, without leaking the legit one. Now _that_ would be something that doesn't exist yet - at least not in an easy to use form. By "easy to use", I mean POP3/IMAP support and a transparent mechanism for the user.Hi, thanks for the feedback. Agree on all points. To combine relay aliases with "legit" email addresses in the same domain, we also need to mitigate abuses of aliases, so that the "legit" email addresses don't suffer from domain reputational harm caused by abusers of aliases. We are still considering the best way to mitigate alias abuse.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por MX, el hace 3 añosNo tiene una función para enviar información sobre errores del programa, ya que como es una fase beta seria lo recomendable para que llegasen lo mas rápido posible, ya que no tiene esa función diré por aquí, que tiene un error, que al recibir los correos en la bandeja de entrada, no se muestran los caracteres especiales.Sorry for the reply in English. I'm not sure what kind of reporting function for program errors you are looking for. Are you asking for a way within Relay to provide feedback? Also curious about what errors you are encountering.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16248181, el hace 3 añosI can not understand why I need to install addon to use Firefox Relay. It can be server-side solution, no need to install addons essentially. No explanation/justification was displayed when I registered myself to Firefox Relay. I felt like I am forced to install unnecessary addons. I trust Mozilla and I believe this addon does not collectt our user data. That is why I installed this addon. I will not if other service provider requests me to same thing.In order to discover the fields within a page in which the user can enter an email address so that we could autofill them, we needed to extend the functionality of the Firefox browser. Since Relay is new and in Beta and we wanted a mechanism to deliver updates and fixes quickly, the best route for us to deliver the browser side portion of Relay was through an add-on. In the future, we may include that Relay functionality in the Firefox browser so a separate add-on is not necessary. Relay can be used without the add-on (for example with a non-Firefox browser) by visiting the relay.firefox.com site and copy and pasting email aliases into the email address fields.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Tanmay_bhat, el hace 3 añosAs of today unable to sign up on kickresume. it says "looks like disposable address"Thanks for the feedback. I've added kickresume to an issue where we are recording sites that are blocking relay addresses. (https://github.com/mozilla/fx-private-relay/issues/559)
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por SATAN, el hace 3 añosI am very interested in this application, and I have received an invitation email, but when I opened the extension, I found that I can’t access the relay.firefox.com website from China. Can developers support it in the future?
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por River, el hace 3 añosCan't even open relay.firefox.com to sign in...
I've already in the wait-list, even I've got invitation from Mozilla...
But I just can't open relay.firefox.com in China.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14816720, el hace 3 añosI can't use it. It's installed in my browser, but when I sign in, it tells me I must visit the invite email first. I have no invite e-mail and I can't find a way to generate one. Completely frustrated!!!
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Jorge Luis, el hace 3 añosi can't use this add-on from Cuba because google forbids it use, i always got next message: 403. That’s an error.
Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server. That’s all we know.
i hope this change in future because i love firefox
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14443115, el hace 3 añosDoes not function. Sign in with Firefox account always brings me back to Sign in page.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Alex Mendez, el hace 3 añosCannot reply from alias. I recommend using SimpleLogin instead. It's an open source email alias service.Please note: this add-on is an experimental, invite-only alpha release. The source code is available at https://github.com/mozilla/fx-private-relay and we have an issue filed to add reply functionality: https://github.com/mozilla/fx-private-relay/issues/99