- por Nacon, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5This has worked so well... but lately, they updated with new UI setting with most of the features gone. Stated that it's "coming soon". Which is kinda stupid to do. They need to roll back the version and put the old features back in. They should only replace them when it's ready, not "coming soon" tacked on. The blacklist channels feature is one of the biggest reason why I use it... and it's not ready in this latest version. Stupid thing to do.
- por Radon, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5This app has stopped working on Youtube for Firefox Quantum but works on Google Chrome. Please fix this App for Firefox Quantum.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 añosYou're using an outdated version of the extension, update to the most recent one, but do read the announcement first:
- por Usuario de Firefox 5735786, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5EDIT: Thanks for the reply. I saw the link to some random reddit thread, but not that Github issue report. Refreshing with cache cleared (Ctrl+F5) with Iridium disabled/uninstalled immediately fixed the issue. Why reply to all of these users having this issue with these wordy responses when this is all you have to do?
Still, Iridium must have corrupted something in the site's cache, as no issue existed until I installed/enabled it for the first time in months (when I started using Enhancer instead). There's no way I'm going to blame the website for behavior that only occurs immediately after installing and uninstalling an extension, with no change in website coding, browser version, etc.
Updating review to 3 stars because of the feature evaporation (why not restore more functionality before releasing the code rewrite?). But for anyone else affected by this, try Ctrl+F5 for a full refresh while Iridium is uninstalled/disabled, and you should be good to go.
EDIT 2: Also, while trying to call me out for not using Reddit's search function (which is known to be garbage, by the way lol), you link to two threads, neither of which are referring to the issue I had. Guess you never looked at the screenshot I provided. If installing and uninstalling your addon immediately creates an issue that requires clearing the cache to fix, the addon is at fault. Obviously. Also, I didn't say this addon was malware, I said the behavior was on the same tier as that of malicious software (that is, 'things break if you remove it').
So yeah, was using Enhancer for YouTube for a long time with Iridium also installed, but disabled, since I liked Enhancer's feature set more, and figured running them both at the same time would cause conflicts.
Saw that Iridium had a bunch of updates recently, so I decided to try it out again. So I disabled Enhancer and enabled this. Saw many features were missing, so I swapped back. And the INSTANT I re-disabled Iridium, YouTube videos will NOT load at all, even if I restart Firefox in safe mode! Instead, the video area is completely empty, same color as the background, etc. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/al4WyRE.png ) The only way YouTube videos will load again is if I re-enable Iridium, and keep it re-enabled, even though it clashes with Enhancer when that's enabled too (e.g. videos will not autoplay with both extensions active, no matter what options I set). This all happened today, no Firefox updating occurred in between, nothing. YouTube broke as soon as Iridium was disabled. In fact, now, YouTube will never work while in safe mode, which obviously wasn't the case before. Uninstalling it completely gives the same result as disabling.
I see you reacting to other reviewers saying that there's no way disabling Iridium broke anything, that having it installed was taking care of some bug in the browser (and that reddit link does not at all describe the issue, which is that videos don't load AT ALL, it's not some FPS issue). But this is definitely the culprit. I don't know HOW uninstalling an extension managed to break the website it interacts with, but it did, 100%. Find out why, and fix it. Reporting the addon for abuse in the meantime, this is malware-tier behavior.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 añosYou can report whatever you want to report, but Mozilla will reply back explaining what I already have explained: no extension hosted on the AMO store can affect anything on the browser after it has been disabled and the browser restarted.
I did not say having the extension installed took care of the bug, I said that it was making it work because whatever problem YouTube has was being circumvented as a result of the features the extension implements in their own source code. It was a fortunate coincidence for those that want to keep using the extension.
You saw my replies to other users, but you also ignored that they confirmed the issue went away despite the fact that nothing had been changed in the extension.
Futhermore, it was reported and confirmed as a YouTube bug in the repository itself:
It's your choice to report this for whatever reason you want, but like I said, what you have is a YouTube bug and there's nothing this extension can do to cause that after it has been disabled. Follow the suggestions others posted on that Reddit post and I'm sure the issue will go away. If it doesn't then report to the YouTube team.
Also, there's a search feature in Reddit which - had you actually used it instead of coming back here with such a vendetta - you'd find others reporting the video not working exactly like you described:
But what do I know, I just do this for more than 5 years, it's way more likely that I've suddendly decided to make a malware-tier extension that just breaks YouTube (what would be the point?) rather than this being an actual YouTube bug like usual.
- por SkyCharger, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I have done some diagnosis, it seems that the no-play issue lays with 1080/720p not loading properly (and preventing the playbar from loading in if it hasn't already), not the plugin itself.
- por Usuario de Firefox 5571809, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Was working fine, but suddenly videos didn't play anymore. Enabling Autoplay in Iridium and disabling it in YT solved the problem, as suggested by a former commenter. Try this if you have the same problem. Otherwise, it's a brilliant addon. I am especially fond of the blacklist, never having Bright Side and Troom Troom sneak into my play list again!
- por exLSD, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Нравиться расширение всем. Но блин ребят, куча же каментов про то, что видео на YouTube не воспроизводиться вообще, если отключить автовопроизведение видео. Это ж одна из наивостребованных функций. Что тут из разрабов никто вообще не присутствует? ТТолько поэтому поставил 3ку.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14632967, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I love the features way better than any other Youtube Add-onn, but then it stops playing videos. An earlier comment says to enable auto play in the iridium settings and it will work fine. You can do this and then disable auto play in youtube and it will work fine. Still annoying though.
- por Аслан, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5All very good, but because of your addon I can't watch videos on YouTube. Your addon is great and I don't want to delete it, but this problem is force me to diactivate it.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13430064, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5期待外れ、全く使えん見れん始まらん
With turning off "Play videos automatically" at (ttps://www.youtube.com/) iridium-settings (Iridium tool bar button bring you there),
videos never play auto, even manually!
- por Fred, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5The settings dont show what was actually setup. I set comment section to hide. When I start the settings again they show "comment section - show" instead of "hide" but the comments are hidden as I set it before.
Once I went from general to video, or from video to settings the settings I previously made did not save at all. I had to close the tab to actually save the video settings and restart them again to save settings in the settings tab.
The setting "allow annotations" does not seem to work, annotations are still showing even though it's disabled. (With another addon they get disabled automatically.)
When using the cinema mode opening a video in a new tab causes a bug that just plays the sound but the video window stays black. Only a reload of the tab fixes this.
When watching videos in fullscreen the video switches to small screen on autoplay and playlist when moving on to the next video instead of staying in fullscreen mode. Since that didnt happen before I used this addon I presume the addon causes it.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14363166, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Although it definitely does have many useful features, there are far too many bugs for me to justify keeping on using it.
Just to list a few that I've experienced thus far:
• Miniplayer still plays audio even after closing it.
• Switching to any age-restricted video results in a bug that won't allow you to play the video unless you copy/paste the URL into a new tab.
• Videos end for no reason while there's still plenty of time left.
• Autoplay doesn't work half the time, the button doesn't seem to affect whether it autoplays or not.
• Sometimes doesn't switch from the miniplayer even if you're scrolled up at the top of the page.
This being said, I would still recommend trying it out for a bit and seeing if it's glitchy for you.