- por Usuario de Firefox 13538324, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Don't mean to be too critical, I am hoping that this app will be fixed in time.
But it is basically unusable. It doesn't show all scripts on a page, has some apparently random way of pre-allowing some, the selective temporary command is very confusing, with 6 sub options......
I have gone back to Firefox 52 and the old add-on for the foreseeable.
Hope to be able to upgrade at some point.
I'd second the desire to have the noScript interface be returned to something similar to the last one. It was comprehensible, customizable and flexible.
One of the best extensions ever seems to have taken a very bad turn. Time to correct the course.
- por Usuario de Firefox 12839, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5EDIT: OK after some time playing around with the settings I understand it much better and the functionality appears to work well. I suggest people experiment with the settings a bit, or check out the noscript forum where there are some explanations of the UI if you find the relevant threads.
In the meantime, I will keep my 2-star rating until a proper help guide to the UI is incorporated into the addon as a link, and an on-boarding process for new installations includes a pop up alerting users to the guide as this is sorely needed, especially for users of the old add-on. This rating reflects my experience as a new user, not my experience now, as this is more relevant to potential new users reading these reviews.
I agree with others that I do not really know how to use this addon any more whereas I had perfect intuition of it pre-57 days. The interface is non-intuitive and is not really explained anywhere. After some time I think I am beginning to understand it but I am still not sure because I cannot reference what I think against official documentation. The latter would help a lot.
I don't blame the addon developer, as he probably had to develop it in his spare time in time for release 57. i acknowledge the effort to upgrade the addon to the new API while many other developers gave up. Thank you, Giorgio for that.
I do blame Mozilla somewhat for switching to a substandard extension API and not having certain vital API features available to developers to test until very late (and some not even yet existing). I realise there were some reasons to make the change, but they should have considered the effect on the existing users and developers and tried to mitigate it somehow.
While I agree that expressing such anger in obscene words is inappropriate, it is appropriate to give an honest review and rating. My rating expresses what I currently think about this addon and is by no means an emotional reaction to change.
I am sure that many improvements will come and user feedback will be acknowledged by the developer. I encourage him to ignore the insults and continue. My review and rating will improve as the addon improves in my estimation.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13209211, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5The new version is almost useless. Many sites won't work properly even with all allowed. The NoScript menu seems to only show a few of the scripts the page has so I am unable to allow all needed scripts. Even allow globally doesn't help. Had to disable the app completely. Please make a better version, I like the app and have been using it for years.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13525918, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Peut être que c'est un bon produit, mais il est inutilisable pour moi, car il ne parle pas Français.
N'y a t-il aucune solutions pour avoir une traduction ?
- por Usuario de Firefox 13499244, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I'm gonna go back from 5 stars to 2 stars. When I got used to the new GUI, it was fine so no complaints there... It just made Firefox (quantum) a hell of a lot slower and a lot of short freezes.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13519282, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Oh gawd halp. Absolutely will not stop tossing the XSS box into my face. I can't disable it. Even if I completely disable the XSS "protection" It still won't stop tossing the box in my face, and if I tell it to "always allow" it still tosses the box up! LE URGHAURRF
- por Usuario de Firefox 13518868, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I really liked this extension but the latest update has ruined it. The new UI is very unintuitive and difficult to use. I struggled to get permissions to apply on a website; it kept resetting every time I closed the NoScript settings. Also, I was in those settings because NoScript now has broken most of my RSS feeds on Firefox. I do not know why or how but the only way I seem to get all my RSS feeds working is by disabling NoScript.
- por Rob Kent, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Firstly let me say that I am a long time user of NoScript and I have sent monetary contributions to the developer at least once, possibly more often. It is a *free* addon that obviously takes many hours of work to maintain. The developer should be given thanks and respect for doing that voluntarily. No self-respecting developer sets out to make mistakes or produce something that users don't want.
So something has gone badly wrong with this release. There are two aspects to it that I can see: the script blocking operation, and the UI. Some sites that I visited no longer work with NoScript enabled, even if you allow everything. Amazon music (play sample) didn't work for me, just one example. So that needs sorting out.
As for the UI, I initially found it complicated and confusing but I am getting used to it now. What happened to the middle-click functionality?
But until the developer has managed to fix the functionality, I have to disable it. I may just end up using the Brave browser until it is fixed.
Oh, and I would like a way to save my Whitelist so that I don't lose it if I uninstall and reinstall.
- por Franz Schneider, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5This was a five-star add-on prior! I LOVED it! What happened to the user interface and the options panel with all of its features? This add-on is a mess now.
- por frede_256, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Even as a long time user of NoScript this UI absolutely kills the experience.
I still think there is hope though. Something as little as getting the mouse-over menu activation to work would make it feel not nearly as bad.
The new HTTPS detection is also one of the greatest offenders in breaking website functionality and there isn't even a proper explanation for how or why it works. I had to experiment my way to discovering this.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13512313, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Why does it suck so hard now? It was a good add-on and one of the reasons I use Firefox. Think i give Opera a chance.
Since 10.1.2 Temporarly button is back; it's getting better again.
- por radiofree, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Alla fine ho deciso di fare un downgrade alla ultyima versione fi Firefox 56.
Spero poter tornare ad usare Nocript prossimamente perche è chiaro che non sarà sicuro continuare con FF 56,02 a lungo.
Grazie comunque per i'ottima estensione che è stata fino a pochi gg fà.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13507402, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5New addon for Firefox Quantum is bad. Why is log.js open always. I always get 1.000 notification on console and it takes more CPU usage. New interface is worse than old one. I can't understand which domain is blocked or allowed.
I want old interface an system back. If you can't do same. Do it similar. Or work with good interface designer. I don't want to delete this add-on.
I hope you can fix all problems soon.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13507242, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Hey guys, even the new gui is not comfortable as it used to be and so on...please consider this as a free addon and how much time is needed to update it concerning the new quantum firefox code - just give it some time and a fair chance instead of bashing around - giorgio, please go on with your good work, so we can all benefit from noscript again
- por Usuario de Firefox 13506606, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5this version is too complicated to handle for me. I am not the read-a-long-guide-before-doing-anything-complicated guy, so I am missing simplicity and intuitivity. I loved the former versions.
- por Usuario de Firefox 12546124, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I do understand that it is maybe time to overthink the UI at this stage.
But I think a little more time would have done good before releasing now.
Unless you maybe released an old testversion?
Because right now noscript really is unusable.
But thumps up for good work overall.