- por RichT54, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5Thank you for providing the ability to select the previous UI style. I have updated my rating accordingly. I hope you will retain the Vintage Blue option in future updates, it is so much better than the new style.
- por Markus, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 2 de 5I am using this extension for 10 years now. The change to a new UI from version 5 to 10 took getting used to, but I was able to get comfortable with it. This was manly due to the different color coding for different settings. But with the latest UI of version 11.4, the different settings look very similar now. Furthermore, the dialog box is now much bigger and looks very clunky.
What I do not understand is that there is no fall-back option to switch back to the previous UI. In my opinion this was not a well-considered decision.
- por MrNighty, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5I've been using NoScript for a really long time and I never had any issues (except for the first few weeks of the "Firefox Quantum" update)
The new UI is really bad. I'm always open for new UI designs but this isn't good. Especially dark mode is horrible. I had to change it to light theme since it's a little bit better to read.
If it's possible offer a classic theme as an option or redo the new theme.
Update: Thanks for the answer! The dark theme still isn't perfect but at least I can switch to the classic style!
- por ЯромиR, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5I do also immediately UPDATE my RATING to 5 billion STARS and my review!
This is THE BEST DEVELOPER with his IMMEDIATE reaction to NoScript users ask!
What a BRILLIANT MAN!!!
And ALSO the LATEST UPDATE (-:
Now it has even a DARK VIEW mode, what is so helpful for sensitive eyes!
MANY BIG THANKS, dear Giorgio!
(and my apologies for my previous review's complaint, if I just haven't noticed new options were available)
The UGLIEST "update" through the whole existence of PREVIOUSLY excellent ad-on )-:
JUST BRING BACK our beloved NORMAL LOOK of this extension!!!
- por Usuario de Firefox 12748548, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 3 de 5I've used this add-on for years. It was one of the best extensions ever -- thank you developer, for all your hard work! Unfortunately, the new update is awful. It looks horrible, and it seems to be breaking all kinds of websites and frequently does not allow adjustments when clicking on 'Options' or anything anymore. It's just ugly and useless now. Please put it back to the way it was!
- por angelar, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 2 de 5This application is great, but the new reskin is hideous. Solution in need of a problem. The old skin was sleek, clean, and reasonable, and the new one is all bubbly and comic sans-y and ugh.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14009198, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5Thank you for all the work on this valuable extension, which I have appreciated for years. For this 5 stars.
But the new user interface is unfortunately so repulsive and terrible that I have to reduce to 1 star!!
This is the worst user interface I have ever had to see on a PC. Have only been using PCs since 1984!
My URGENT recommendation is to completely rethink it again and change it to a reasonable level in a near future.
Wow, great job again. Thanks for the update. Works great. Therefore 5 stars !
- por Plum, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5I want to update my review. They have pushed an update with the option to revert to the old theme. Thank you!
I've been using this addon for years. It's a great addon, but the new UI update was unexpected, jarring, and for a moment made me think I had been hijacked by something. While I appreciate the attempt at a dark theme (more things need dark themes), I feel it could use some work still. The new UI feels unprofessional, enough so that I had to come here to see the reviews to see if it was legit. I am giving 5 stars as I've been an avid user, and until this UI change, it's been consistently one of my favorite and most used addons.
- por fearless , el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 3 de 5Cant access local lan addresses for router or other wifi products using any 192.168.1.x address - new update completely blocks. Doesnt seem to be a way to disable the https only thing as well, not sure if they are related. Had to disable NoScript to get access to my router and local wifi power plug extensions. Hopefully this can be fixed in a new update soon. Also the change of UI is a lot darker and harder to read compared with the older UI. Perhaps that can be taken into account when any new updates are released. For now I will leave it disabled.
- por James, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 4 de 5Works perfectly, been using it for years -- Would be 5 stars, but this latest update included a GUI update that clearly has not been tested and is not ADA compliant. If there was a way to downgrade to a prior version or any real alternative to NoScript, I would in a heartbeat solely because of this GUI update.Please check 11.4.1rc3, where you can optionally get back the "Vintage Blue" from NoScript Options>Appearance>Theme:
- por malau, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5OMG, did Giorgio just change the theme of the addon ? I thought I had got a virus ! Is there any way to switch it to the original skin ? I really don't like the new one.Please check 11.4.1rc3, where you can optionally get back the "Vintage Blue" from NoScript Options>Appearance>Theme:
- por sebt27, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 3 de 5The dropdown menu in the new version 11.4 has a hideous, huge, Fisher-Price appearance with rounded corners. A developer is replying to these reviews suggesting one of the 11.4.1RCs - but there is no way to download these from the site linked to.
I've just reverted to 11.3.7, available from this site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/noscript/versions/
Then, in Firefox Settings/Add-ons, I switched off automatic updates.
I don't know whether one of the 11.4.1 RCs offers a real option to keep the original appearance, because I can't find them anywhere. Please add this feature into future releases, because the new UI is horrible. I haven't even tried it on some of the e-commerce/newspaper sites where the menu might have 20+ sites listed - would they even fit on my screen?There's a big link there pointing to https://secure.informaction.com/download/betas/noscript-11.4.1rc3.xpi.
Disabling automatic updates is not advisable for obvious reasons.
- por randouser931, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 1 de 5This is a perfect example of the problem with updates. In theory it's good to keep everything automatically up to date, but then you get situations like this where a massive unwanted change is made without user's input. This leads to people like me disabling automatic updates of addons. Yeah, I get it - the whole "you won't be secure" exploits malware blah blah. That argument doesn't mean squat to me when you make huge changes like this. If you truly cared about security, you wouldn't push your users into taking unsecure measures to counteract your terrible decisions.Please check 11.4.1rc3, where you can optionally get back the "Vintage Blue" from NoScript Options>Appearance>Theme:
- por TheAndrey, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 3 de 5I didn't like the new boring gray design. Bring back the old legendary icon! I liked the malicious script better.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13107012, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5Edit:
Since the new update, it's now possible to choose between the Vintage Blue and the new theme, so many thanks for making that an option!
- por Felipe999, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 4 de 5[UPDATE: Thanks for the quick reply, will try it] The new design looks plain bad, like it was drawn by an 8yo
- por Usuario de Firefox 14804265, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 3 de 5Effectivement la nouvelle interface n'est pas très jolie et trop grosse, mais surtout depuis la mise à jour j'ai des bugs (images disparaissent ou impossible d'être affichées sur des sites tels que Rakuten même quand je désactive pour cette page), Amazon aussi.
- por Usuario de Firefox 16947347, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5New UI is not good. Color contrast for both modes is not appealing. Everything bleeds together in dark mode. Light mode is slightly better. I'm ok with the increase in size.