- by Zeeshan Ali Qureshi, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5EDIT: Great addon thnx. Can you please add context menu option to lock a bookmark or add current page in locked folder.
AND WILL THIS ADDON WILL BE AVAILIABLE FOR CHROME ANYTIME SOON. THNXYou can already have the Private Bookmarks folder appear wherever you like, see the add-on description for details. A context menu to move a bookmark to the private bookmarks folder is a good idea, I'll consider it. Thanks for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 13105922, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5The extension I was looking for, works great for my PC.
Downside, it doesn't work on my mobile and I use Firefox a lot from there...
EDIT: When I downloaded it it was marked as working also on mobile, maybe it was a Firefox's addons store issue. Besides I really think it should also work on mobile, so five stars should wait until Firefox gives the developers the tools to work on it.It doesn't work on mobile because Firefox on mobile doesn't (yet) allow extensions to do the same things they can on Desktop. There is nothing I can do about it unfortunately, which is why I did not mark this extension as compatible with mobile. We have to wait. It is unfortunate you chose to lower your rating based on something that is out of my control and which I never claimed the extension is capable of doing.
- by ast, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon is really close to be perfect. Easy, intuitive, sleek. It works like a charm and suits my needs quite well.
However one thing I need seems to be missing: synchronization. When I move my bookmarks to the Private Bookmarks folder, they are not longer available on my other machines.
I would like to see an option to sync my private bookmarks, just as any others. Maybe save the encrypted bookmarks in the firefox account? When accessing them from another machine, the password should match to open them.
There is already some import/export mechanism, but I need automatic sync. Still for a version of 0.0.12 this is really good stuff.
Thanks for the reply. You're right regarding my rating. I look forward to the new feature. Keep up the good work ;)Thanks for the feedback! An option to opt-in for syncing is a feature that is definitely on my radar. Unfortunately, the tools Firefox makes available to extension developers impose a size limit on the amount of data that can be synced, and also do not make any promises regarding sync speed and frequency. At this moment these drawbacks prevent me from implementing this feature.
P.S. Please do not rate down an add-on based on things it doesn't claim to do. Add-ons should be judged based on what they do claim to do and how well they do it. If you find a bug or wish to voice a suggestion please file an issue here: https://github.com/rharel/webext-private-bookmarks/issues I review suggestions there regularly. Thanks again for your feedback, it is appreciated!
- by GeorgeA, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a BRILLIANT extension! For some time, I have utilised an over-complicated method of private bookmark control, that works, but is not all that neat and tidy. This is perfect....you unlock, and bookmarks are there. You lock, and they are gone. I'm guessing there is some kind of encrypted container somewhere, probably in the Firefox profile folder. It really works, and I love it!
- by Firefox user 13426475, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great module. Works like a charm.Simple to use. I felt lucky to discover it since the one I used just before stopped working with the new version of Firefox. I do not regret this new choice !.
- by Firefox user 13469712, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Exactly what I needed against my fear of embarrassing situations and it is working with the most recent Firefox Version (59.0a1).
In the lock state the Addon even keeps the bookmarks out of the autocomplete in the address bar.