- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17936016, a month agoNice but can we get option to sync extension data with Firefox Sync?
Developer responseposted a month agodue to the limited capacity of the sync storage that's not feasible to do, additionally at this point I'm not going to develop this extension further due to the limitations of the current API and changes coming with Manifest v3, while the timeframe for sunsetting v3 isn't set yet I'd rather focus on something that will work with v3
- Rated 5 out of 5by Jan Zapal, 2 years agoThis is a great addon! Thank you.
One small request. When a 'rss:item' has multiple 'dc:creator' fields, Smart RSS Reader shows only the first one. Would it be possible to show all?
- Rated 5 out of 5by i18n, 2 years agoI like this add-on very much and use it on the daily base.
What I do not like is, that the articles are shown with sans serif fonts and there is no way to change that. Sans, Serif and Mono would do it – shouldn't be made to complicated.
Would be nice to have that opportunity, because long texts are better read with serif style fonts. ;-)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Freddy , 2 years agoThanks for this great add-on! It looks and functions very well!
Just two small nitpickings:
- when one closes the Smart RSS tab (through any means) the icon disappears from the toolbar for a fraction of a second;
- and when one tries to refresh the tab (with Ctrl+R or F5) it is closed instead.
Other than that, I think it's perfect!
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThanks for great rating! Unfortunately these two issues come from design choices made early in the development stage and this is a workaround for issue causing whole extension to break after you close the view, changing that would require require most of the extension to be rewritten, I'm sorry for the trouble
- Rated 5 out of 5by sanyy, 4 years agoI can't name another great addon like this one.
The only thing that i miss a one click "Mark All Read" button from the main window without user confirmation.
It is there 3 clicks away.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Haven667, 4 years agoAs a long time user of the good old Newsfox reader (pre-Quantum), I tested a lot of the available readers. But this lovely thing here comes closest. A clean UI/ design, easy to use and low on resources. The preferences page gives many options to control the appearance and behaviour. Also the developer is very active and friendly, if you have problems or feature suggestions.
Thank you very much for this great extension, dear zakius. :-)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13496178, 4 years agoIt worked flawlessy since Update June 17 (on Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit) Win10).
Now it keeps downloading feeds already donwloaded, read and deleted.
Before was 5 stars.
BTW thanks to the author and hope this extension will work again in the future. I'll keep it installed for a while.
Great assistance from Zakius! Problem solved, 5 stars
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15216446, 4 years agoIt just erased all my feeds. Never again I will use it!!!I just identified issue with loading up the latest version, no data was removed by the extension itself so if you haven't uninstalled it yet there's no data loss. I just pulled back the latest version and am working on the issue right now, sorry for the inconvenience
EDIT: I identified and fixed issue causing extension package to be malformed, fixed package is already available. Once again I'm sorry for the trouble