- Rated 5 out of 5by Jan Zapal, 5 months agoThis is a great addon! Thank you.
One small request. When a 'rss:item' has multiple 'dc:creator' fields, Smart RSS Reader shows only the first one. Would it be possible to show all?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Freddy , 7 months agoThanks for this great add-on! It looks and functions very well!
Just two small nitpickings:
- when one closes the Smart RSS tab (through any means) the icon disappears from the toolbar for a fraction of a second;
- and when one tries to refresh the tab (with Ctrl+R or F5) it is closed instead.
Other than that, I think it's perfect!
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks for great rating! Unfortunately these two issues come from design choices made early in the development stage and this is a workaround for issue causing whole extension to break after you close the view, changing that would require require most of the extension to be rewritten, I'm sorry for the trouble
- Rated 5 out of 5by MTh, 10 months agoAfter trying several RSS plugins, I find this one excellent : in the middle panel, we see two or three lines that are enough to see if the article is interesting for us. And when browsing headlines in this middle panel, we instantly read more in the right panel. So we may browse the news very quickly, no longer useless clicks on one line titles nor mouse-over to wait for bubbles giving more details.
- Rated 5 out of 5by sanyy, 2 years agoI can't name another great addon like this one.
The only thing that i miss a one click "Mark All Read" button from the main window without user confirmation.
It is there 3 clicks away.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Haven667, 2 years agoAs a long time user of the good old Newsfox reader (pre-Quantum), I tested a lot of the available readers. But this lovely thing here comes closest. A clean UI/ design, easy to use and low on resources. The preferences page gives many options to control the appearance and behaviour. Also the developer is very active and friendly, if you have problems or feature suggestions.
Thank you very much for this great extension, dear zakius. :-)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13496178, 2 years agoIt worked flawlessy since Update June 17 (on Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit) Win10).
Now it keeps downloading feeds already donwloaded, read and deleted.
Before was 5 stars.
BTW thanks to the author and hope this extension will work again in the future. I'll keep it installed for a while.
Great assistance from Zakius! Problem solved, 5 stars
- Rated 5 out of 5by spamz, 3 years agothis has become my default RSS reader. its clean, easy to use, not bloated, and built right into the browser.
constant bug fixes, and updates........ very nice job !!
- Rated 5 out of 5by NextGenThemes, 3 years agoPretty slick RSS reader, I think I like it a bit more then Brief. The source of the article is a bit ot prominent for me. Would be better to have it in a smaller font on the same line. Brief has a CSS box where I can used CSS to customize the appearance to my liking. That would be a great additional feature for this as well.
- Rated 5 out of 5by The_Mick, 3 years agoTO REMOVE OLD ARTICLES: Click on a listing., then properties, more, and a choice of Never (default), day, week, month or 2 months removes old articles. This is a very good news reader. I hope the author will do one thing: make it 1-click to open the article in a new tab - the current choices are cumbersome.
Developer responseposted 3 years agofor the first one you can expand sources or directories properties and choose age of items to remove automatically, if you need a global setting there is none for now
for the second one you can open original article in new background tab by middle clicking on the title on articles list, on the title in articles header or on the ling in articles footer
if you need something else feel free to post issue on GitHub