- Rated 5 out of 5by Meiower, 3 months agoWorked first time!! Amazing! I'd like to see on the "Add a new search engine" page a note against the "Search name" field that this is the 'Full name' of the search, and you go into the " about:preferences#search" page to add the @keyword in a separate step -- to remind me next time -- but it's easy enough to figure out; especially as, at least, Firefox makes it easy to remove mis-named engines! :-D
- Rated 5 out of 5by protoforma, 5 months agoJust amazing. I'm coming from "Add custom search engine" by Tom Schuster, however, I find this extension more funcionality that I'm looking for (e.g. adding from site's search bar, exporting...).
- Rated 5 out of 5by robomatic, 10 months agoExcellent addon for not only adding your own search engines to Firefox but also for backing up and importing them (whenever you move to a new PC or after a format). Thanks Dev!!
Tip: when exporting your search engines, it asks you to locate the "search.json.mozlz4" file.
This file can be found if you:
type Run in the Start Menu,
open the Run app,
then type %appdata% which opens your user folder,
then open Mozilla / Firefox / Profiles / xxxxxxxx.default-release
(xxxxxxxx will be a bunch of random numbers and letters)
I usually create a shortcut of that last folder and place it on my desktop, then hit Browse from this addon and double click the shortcut to get there. Easy peasy.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Some Guy, a year agoThis elegantly robust--yet efficient--extension solved instantly what I had struggled to accomplish for years. This instantly adds any site to your list of available search engines, accessible through the search bar. Thank you, Soufiane Sakhi, for your excellent programming and beneficial creation!
- Rated 5 out of 5by circcc, 3 years agoIn FF83 beta8, when I select search.json.mozlz4 file in "Export all search engines to a json file" menu, "The selected search.json.mozlz4 file is not valid" error message is displayed. mozlz4-edit extension don't have this problem, it works well, so it is not my search.json.mozlz4 problem.
Edit: bug fixed. thanksYou are very welcome, and thanks for the heads-up! If you wish, you can also open issues directly in the github page: https://github.com/soufianesakhi/firefox-search-engines-helper/issues so that I respond to it more quickly :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Nikita, 3 years agoDoesn't work anymore in Firefox 82.0.2
When adding a search engine, a dialog box shows up with following error:
Firefox could not install the search engine from: https:// file.io / ZUvgReF1ioWH
File.io file is an xml file with HTML for the search engine.
EDIT: Developer already fixed this issue. I was worried this extension was dead as well. Thanks. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12938934, 3 years agoGreat! As if it can set the keyword when adding search engines, it will be greater!Sadly the keyword can't be specified when adding search engines because it's not supported by the OpenSearch description format. It's more a user-defined browser configuration. You can however export/import search engines with their keywords offline starting from v3.1.0.