- Rated 5 out of 5by Meiower, 6 months agoWorked first time!! Amazing! I'd like to see on the "Add a new search engine" page a note against the "Search name" field that this is the 'Full name' of the search, and you go into the " about:preferences#search" page to add the @keyword in a separate step -- to remind me next time -- but it's easy enough to figure out; especially as, at least, Firefox makes it easy to remove mis-named engines! :-D
- Rated 5 out of 5by protoforma, 8 months agoJust amazing. I'm coming from "Add custom search engine" by Tom Schuster, however, I find this extension more funcionality that I'm looking for (e.g. adding from site's search bar, exporting...).
- Rated 5 out of 5by robomatic, a year agoExcellent addon for not only adding your own search engines to Firefox but also for backing up and importing them (whenever you move to a new PC or after a format). Thanks Dev!!
Tip: when exporting your search engines, it asks you to locate the "search.json.mozlz4" file.
This file can be found if you:
type Run in the Start Menu,
open the Run app,
then type %appdata% which opens your user folder,
then open Mozilla / Firefox / Profiles / xxxxxxxx.default-release
(xxxxxxxx will be a bunch of random numbers and letters)
I usually create a shortcut of that last folder and place it on my desktop, then hit Browse from this addon and double click the shortcut to get there. Easy peasy.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Some Guy, 2 years agoThis elegantly robust--yet efficient--extension solved instantly what I had struggled to accomplish for years. This instantly adds any site to your list of available search engines, accessible through the search bar. Thank you, Soufiane Sakhi, for your excellent programming and beneficial creation!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Bob, 2 years agoEnabled me to get Google UK to come up on new tabs (FF96.0.3), which in turn allows me to select country>UK each time I do a Google search in a new tab, which I was not able to do with the default Firefox new tab - which went to Google (.com) and no option to filter for UK sites. Took a bit of fiddling about to get the search URL term syntax right, but that was before I saw the example in Screenshots. Reminder to remove the Search Engine Helper after use (large blue 'Remove' button in the title box). Many thanks. (Afterthought, I have since found an alternative FF add-on in this series which was last updated in 2020, but looks as though it may be simpler to install, but limited to getting Google.co.uk onto the list of available search engines: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/google-uk-search/)