- by rsbrux, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Replaces the sorely missed capability Firefox used to have for adding a search engine based on the query URL. It also made it easy to add an icon for each search engine. The export function also works well. Unfortunately, the import function did not work for me, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
- by Bossa Nova, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you!
But after adding a search engine, it can be used only in the search bar?
It is not visible in the context menu. The thing is, I do not like the search bar, most of my searches are through selecting text then via right-clicking.
Will you implement this?
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello,
The search engines can be used in the search bar and below address bar as well.
I recommend the following extension for selected text search: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/swift-selection-search/
- by Firefox user 13684821, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5very very simple to use & works perfect on my current 57.0.4 64-bit. thx loooots for sharing!
just hope maybe the developer shall update so that it can detect the URL of the query field automatically
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello, thanks for the review.
As for your request, it's practically impossible to know which part of the URL constitutes the query field:
- it can be a query parameter like https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%s
- it can also be a path parameter like http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/%s
I may add in the future a more automated way to add a search engine.