Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by thewallflowerest93, 2 days agoRated 3 out of 5I had Papaly before (which I REALLY liked, but what I didn't like was not being able to see a preview of the bookmarked link [it just makes it so much easier for me when I'm able to do that]) but I decided to give this one a go because of previously listed reason.
What I mainly love about it is the Preview Screenshots and description text of what the Bookmark is about and the info it contains. It just really helps map out my "mind of saved bookmarks" into a Bookmark Manager, successfully.
I do wish though, that the extra features were free (For example, you have to pay to make Nested Collections. Unlike Papaly, where you can do so for free.)
I also wish it was more customizable when it comes to aesthetics. I do LOVE the display Icon(s) feature, but other than that, I realllly do hateeee how it looks.
For instance, the Main Bookmark Collection Panel to the left is simply just too hard on the eyes. :/ It immediately signals to my brain, "ALERT! MESS, MESS, OUT OF CONTROL MESS!", even though they are technically "organized." Or rather, I should say, "specifically gathered together in one column, separated merely by text rows" 😑😒 I just feel like all my bookmarks are CRAMMED together.
I REALLY want them to work on this!!!! Especially since you have to pay for it (well, it is free but I want the features that cost you, so yeah; you get my point. I pretty much feel ripped off.) *Note: This was my first time paying for the subscription for Raindrop's extra features. (and I honestly really miss the aspect of Papaly, but there were other issues I had w/ it, that I didn't mention. Thus, I won't be returning to use it.) BUT, anyway, getting to my point, I most likely WON'T be renewing my subscription for it, UNLESS I don't find a Bookmark Manager that really, really meets my needs (even if I have to pay for it), but hopefully soon, I'll find a better one that I love :/
- by Luxious, 24 days agoRated 4 out of 5Hi! I'm using this service for a short time (a month) but I really like it. I could reorganize all my shortcuts and the icons for the folders it's really a game-changer. By the way, I found a bug! The shortcut Ctrl+Shift+E is not working in Firefox (Win10). And the add-on setting Hotkey link is not opening any settings panel. Thanks!
- by Firefox user 15441168, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Can not add ANY new bookmarks at all. when i click on the cloud in the upper right, the app opens but when you try to "add link or image here" nothing happens because you cant drag an image over or a link without firfox closing the riandrop window. ctrl+shift+E opens up the debuger so the hot keys dont work. It shouldt take me over an hour to figure out simple bookmarks and still get no where
- by Firefox user 5883719, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Better than Pocket! It allows you to make collections (folders) for organizing. Plus, when you are adding a new bookmark (not in "mini application mode") it shows you a list of all your current tags as you type. This is very helpful because it keeps you from making multiple similar tags. I imported 4,000+ bookmarks from pocket and it kept all the associated tags for each link. It syncs to the Raindrop.io Android app so I can access my bookmarks anytime. Good on you Raindrop.io for making a bookmark manager that actually makes sense.
- by zambeste mereu, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Absolutely useless "bookmark manager". It doesn't sync anything. It expects you to add the bookmarks manually. Why would I do that !? I already have bookmarks in Firefox. Sync those!!!
Developer responseposted 5 months agoWe do not promoted that our extension is could sync with Firefox. Sorry for misunderstanding!
You always could import your existing bookmarks and try to use Raindrop through extension. If it doesn't fit your requirements, you could export all bookmarks back!
- by Firefox user 15271203, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I read a few of the negative reviews. 1 star for not having an icon for dark mode. Please. This is an awesome app and service. I've been looking for something for a long time, and settled on this. Folders, tagging, browser integration, editable description.
- by Firefox user 15058196, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Would likely have rated it 5 stars, but the fact is that I cannot get the mini-app to work (can't go beyond login) - however, I can still add the bookmarks, so it's a nuisance mostly.
- by Firefox user 14995632, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5I do like this and use it a lot. I'd really like the omnibox search options to work better. Right now it shows a bunch of html code in my search results.
- by Firefox user 14766828, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Although raindrop is still under development, it is a very good bookmarking tool. I can't say I'm anything close to an expert nor have I tried their competitors, but I would absolutely recommend not only the free version of this app (which gives EVERYTHING you need, with the exception being nested favorites), but the paid version is only 3 a month. (You DO get nested collections with that, not to mention a bunch of other goodies as well.) The devs offer the ability to vote on what feature should be implemented next, and that means a lot to me as a consumer. I've had firefox completely delete all my bookmarks before, YEARS of stuff just lost. But raindrop had me covered, as I had already imported all my stuff in there.
Its really only going to get better as time goes on. If I could complain about 1 thing, it would be the ablitity to organize WITHOUT clicking and dragging. As in "move item 101 to position 3". Because it will make you drag something from a list of hundreds all the way to the top, and don't slip up, or you start again. That does suck.
Nevertheless, I wholeheartedly recommend this addon, and I do recommend spending the 3 bucks a month on the pro features too. It will make it worth your time, especially for those of you interested in game design or journalism. The amount of things you need to link back to in those fields is an honest nightmare, and I'd die without a software like this.