- by Spruce, 2 days agoRated 1 out of 5Sometimes this works, but not all the time. I have an outlook.com email address, and the email "bounced", so it didn't send. However, because it did this, it has temporarily suspended the email forwarding for more than a day! ALL of my aliases are blocked simply because ONE email did not send correctly! This is very frustrating, and it might be understandable (barely if at all) if the wait was like 10 minutes, but waiting more than a day is too much (32 hours). There also should be an option to view these emails that have "bounced", on the dashboard, or at least a "retry" button to attempt to send it again.
This service is useful and cool when it works, but it's just frustrating when it doesn't. Developers, please fix both the email "bouncing" problem AND shorten (or remove) the time that the service is disabled.
- by 18HopeCSF, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5A nice idea, but you should explain that it's not completely free right at the beggining. It feels like you're mocking me when after reading everything I enter and realise I have 5 free tries and no more...
- by Tytoalba, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5J'utilise Firefox relay depuis une semaine mais je ne reçois pas les messages sur les alias. Pas très pratique en cas de commande sur internet...Donc soit je n'ai pas compris comment ça marche soit ça ne marche pas.
- by Drino955, 8 days agoRated 1 out of 5I agree with him 100%:
"Would be a nice extension but adding a commercial plug to my context menu is a total no-go and a reason to delete that extension at once!"
- by relay_tester, 8 days agoRated 1 out of 5very bad, for my outlook.com address I received: We are currently unable to deliver emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. We received a soft "bounce message" from your email provider when we tried to forward the email to you. This can happen if Relay couldn't connect to your email provider or if your inbox is full. We'll try again on 01/17/2022 07:49.
My inbox is not full!
- by Rocky4731, 9 days agoRated 1 out of 5I really want to like this add-on but the first test message I tried, forwarded to my Yahoo mail account resulted in a message:
"We couldn't load this message retry". Retry yielded the same result.
- by bernard, 9 days agoRated 1 out of 5impossible de répondre en retour au mail émetteur en utilisant
email@example.com pour exemple:
nom1.gmail.com ---> nom2(alias).mozmail.com---> nom3.free.fr
ça fonctionne mais
nom3.free.fr --->firstname.lastname@example.org---> nom1.gmail.com
ne fonctionne pas nom1.gmail.com ne reçoit rien en retour
- by alefith, 11 days agoRated 1 out of 5Ok, my computer is 6 years old, still, 15%+ cpu usage, all the time? Even when I'm just letting firefox run in BG? I haven't used the extension yet, but it hampered everything else.
- by Firefox user 17214670, 20 days agoRated 1 out of 5Buen concepto e intención. Sin embargo en los sitios donde más me interesaba mantener mi privacidad, no los pude usar porque no los aceptaban. Ya tienen registrado que mozmail.com se usa para ésto y no lo aceptan. Una pena. Gracias igualmente por el intento!
- by Firefox user 16074622, 25 days agoRated 1 out of 5The relay tool is annoying at best. It breaks frequently where an email field will hover over a pop-up blocking the ability to fill in fields. I've noticed that Firefox is breaking web pages more often - mostly payment pages. Have to go to Chrome and MS Edge to complete transactions. Hoping I don't have to stop using Firefox but as more things break websites, the more likely the case.Sorry you're having that problem! In the Relay add-on settings, you might try un-checking the box "Show Relay icon in email fields on websites" to disable the in-page pop-up that is breaking sites. You can always use a right-click to open the Relay context menu to make an alias.
- by Chookybo, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I used Firefox Relay for several months on my Gmail account but then I found that although I could send emails to my friends at least three of them (possibly more) were unable to reply as the message they kept receiving was that the server was not compatable.
So ---- after much serching, I finally found (by mistake) the place where I could remove Firefox Relay. It was not easy to find this!!!
Now my friends can send emails to me again.
To answer the response from the developer: They were trying to send me emails to my regular Gmail address as they always had. They were not doing anything different from what they always had in sending me emails.
- by Widget, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I am getting a 5.7.1 TLS required by recipient ERROR when I tried to use two of the relay email addresses - what's the problem please?Hi. For maximum security, we require that the email messages sent to Relay aliases happen over an encrypted TLS connection. It sounds like your mail provider is not connecting over TLS.
- by mmm491, a month agoRated 1 out of 5There aren't any directions it doesn't indicate if I need 1 or 5 I filled all out so I guessed. Again i'm left hanging no further instructions so I guessed. I seems the whole site is probably the same. Have someone from outside the building go through it. Each time I use an alias do I loose it. I'm hanging here should I just unload it?
- by Firefox user 15015470, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5It's a great idea but is doesn't work. Clicking on the icon in the email address field doesn't produce an address. Wonder if it is being block by one of my other add-ons.
- by Firefox user 17157090, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5It would appear that Firefox has not done their homework on the Relay addition. After I loaded it, I could NO longer enter my Google Gmail account as the email I had been using for years would not fully appear in the User field. They need to make the application user friendly by adding a simple ON and Off switch to which sites to be trusted and which sites to use Relay...DUH. What a huge let down Firefox! I'm not sure how to proceed at this point to retrieve my emails from Gmail. If you use Gmail or any other site where it automatically loads, DO NOT upload this software. You WILL have issues. I posted my issue on their site. Let's see if they will know how to fix it. Or, I will just try to find a way to delete it altogether.Hi We currently are working through different web compatibility issues like this. You can disable the relay add-on icon from showing up globally by going to the add-on in the toolbar, clicking the gear icon, and toggling off "Show relay icon in email fields on websites".