- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14606957, 2 months agoCan't use the extension unless you give it permissions to run in private windows.
Literally forcing you to give it access to private windows.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello. Thank you for the feedback, it will be transferred directly to the responsible team. If you have any further inquiries, do not hesitate to contact our customer support team at support.nordvpn.com anytime! -L.L.
- Rated 2 out of 5by JebusCrisco, 4 months agoMakes my browser almost unusable with how much it slows down page load times. It's incredibly bad.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoHello there. That should not be the case. We’d be happy to help and take a closer look into your case. Please make sure to contact our support team at support.nordvpn.com, they are available 24/7. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by roguetrader, 6 months agoIt has a setting to "auto-connect" which it repeatedly turns off. So if you're not paying attention you can find yourself exposed when it has disabled the auto and not bothered its ass engaging the VPN, as such it becomes a bit of a security risk.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHello. That should not be the case! Could you please make sure to contact our support team for them to look closer into the matter and what could be causing it? We’d be happy to help on the issue resolve! Our team is available 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17792628, 9 months agoSo far, it's not apparent that it is even in use.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoHi there. Sorry to hear about your experience with our service! Perhaps you could provide us with more information so we could help you out? Our support team is available 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Volvith, a year agoUp until recently i haven't had any problems with NordVPN, but that's changed in the last 2-3 months or so. Recently they've started using LOCAL ISP's IP addresses for their services, which means that their prime selling point, being security, anonymity, and access to local blocked services and websites is pretty much null and void.
DO NOT USE THIS EXTENSION, as you do not have control over what IP your traffic is routed, and there's a good chance they'll use local (from the same country you are from) ISP's to assign you an IP.
IMPORTANT EDIT: Not just that, when refreshing your IP, or when the application randomly changes IP, it exposes your IP/network to your ISP, without any apparent killswitch built in. Citation needed, because there is a chance your network is still encrypted, but i somehow doubt that.
They'll say 'we choose the IP based on what's best for you', completely disregarding the problems with that. IP's change randomly quite often, which means that there's a chance that you won't even notice you've rolled into a local ISP when it happens. Refreshing your connection will often give you the same exact IP address as well, and you don't have an option to select a specific IP address in any way, shape or form.
Bypassing local restrictions is one of the number one reasons to get a VPN these days, and failing to deliver on the promise of that service is to fail as a VPN service.
I will not be extending my subscription past march this year (end of term), and i will not be returning to NordVPN.
I don't believe a 1 star review is warranted, since the service, operationally, functions quite well. The speeds are decent, and the ease of use is tempting to say the least, but the fact they're using local (national) ISP's for their services, paired with some of the other security concerns that have come up in the last 2 years regarding NordVPN (look them up if interested), i can not in good conscience recommend this extension.
Encryption alone means nothing if you cannot access services that are locally blocked by IP/DNS.
If you're looking for a good VPN service, there's better ones out there.
I for one, can no longer trust NordVPN with the security of my internet traffic.
Developer responseposted a year agoHello. Please note that the VPN connection depends on multiple factors. We do offer a Kill Switch feature within our apps, as well as an option to purchase an additional static Dedicated IP. If you’re experiencing streaming or website accessibility issues, we'd suggest trying disabling the Threat Protection Lite feature in our app settings and clearing your browser cache. If the matter persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team at support.nordvpn.com for further assistance and more information regarding your concerns. We'd be happy to help! -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by What???, a year agoSpeeds much faster with this extension but the extension is ridiculously limited like their service. You hit refresh to change another data centre and you always get the same one or two despite the data centre having more than 50+. This tells me Nord doesn't have as many as they claim
Developer responseposted a year agoHi there. Please note that our extension picks the best server for you, thus it may not change the IP every time you reconnect. To use specific servers you may use our application instead. If you'd have any further concerns feel free to contact our team at support.nordvpn.com. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by peterS, 2 years agolinux. ubuntu studio 20.10. firefox. nordvpn addon. suddenly stopping links opening and preventing navigating on some sites. generally great, though. I hope the developers are working on these gliches.Hello. It would be the best if you could get in touch with our support team, for them to take a closer look at the issue and register a bug if it were to be. We would be happy to help out. Our team is online 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. -Neo
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12383353, 2 years agoThis add on really slowed my computer way down. Even after I shut it off it was still running in the back ground,had to completely uninstall it and after I did my computer sped back up to its normal operating speed.Hello. We are sorry to hear that! It may be that there's another extension installed on your browser that could be interfering with the connection. Please contact our customer support, for them to take a closer look at it. We would be happy to help you out on this issue resolve! Our team is online 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ali, 2 years agoNot being able to specify a serverHello. Unfortunately, you may only choose a country with our extension as it chooses the best server automatically. To connect to specific servers you would need to use our application. Apologies for any inconveniences. -G.M.
- Rated 2 out of 5by irajacobs, 2 years ago0 functionality without payments.Hello. Our service is paid. However, we do provide a 30-day money-back guarantee so that everyone has an opportunity to try our service without any risks. You can check the subscription options on our website nordvpn.com/pricing/. If anything, feel free to contact us at support.nordvpn.com. -A.S.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16796146, 2 years agoNord Vpn is GREAT.... Yet, the extension on firefox keeps loading as it needs to connect to the service so I can log in.... It never loads it just continually spins the wheel waiting to connect.
I have tried disabling it, re-enabling it still does not work..
- Rated 2 out of 5by noelmage, 2 years agoI'm sure I would love this extension if it worked. Unfortunately, since it does not run login through an obfuscated server almost every work and public WiFi network blocks the ability to log in through the extension.
Nord, please add this as a feature. It's absolutely excellent in the app.Hello and thank you for the review. You should be able to access the login page even on a restricted network. If you're not able to access it, or experiencing any issues with the login, please contact our customer support team at support.nordvpn.com for them to check on the issue and help you solve it faster. -A.S.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Kourosh SHirvani, 2 years agoin windows it doesnt work and also in extention modeHello. If you're experiencing issues with our browser extension, please try clearing the cookies/cache of your browser and re-adding it to your browser. You can also check if the issue persists on a clear browser installation. If that doesn't help, please don't hesitate contacting us via live chat at https://support.nordvpn.com/ so we could help you further. -R.L.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Just another FF user, 2 years agoThe extension requires login every time FF updates, can't use saved passwords, as well as having infinite spin issues if you disconnect from the VPN on one session and tries to reconnect on the next session. Pretty poor User Experience tbh.Hello! We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with our proxy extension. Perhaps you can try reinstalling it, and, if the issues persist, could you try contacting our customer support team at support.nordvpn.com? We're ready to help you out anytime! -L.L.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Torgood, 2 years agodepuis des semaines l'extension ne fonctionne pas je ne me réabonnerais plus trop de bugs depuis un momentBonjour. Si vous rencontrez des problèmes avec notre extension, veuillez essayer de la réinstaller et vérifier si le problème persiste. Si c'est le cas, n'hésitez pas à contacter notre équipe de support client à l'adresse support.nordvpn.com. Notre équipe se fera un plaisir de vous aider. -A.S.