- by Firefox user 17043053, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5It gets better. the most demanded feature -- whitelisting (i.e. when vpn is active and used only with listed sites, which is the most sensible mode in a case when your government breaks the Internet part by part) is absent, though blacklisting was added lately. There was some problems with UI (I needed to relogin sometimes), but overall not bad, get things done.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello. We do appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with the team. In the meantime, if you have any questions of requests, feel free to contact us at support.nordvpn.com or Twitter @NordVPN. -Neo
- by Firefox user 12339692, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on was causing me issues very often, like for others. Then I tried disabling all other add-ons and it worked! It's working even all disabled add-ons are re-enabled again so I can't tell what caused this. It may just be some other extension, it may be Firefox glitch or NordVpn extension issue. Until I figure this out it's 4 stars. Otherwise it's 5.
- by Dragola, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5I had issues in the past with this extension but it seems to be working fine now so that's good to see. Hopefully their able to fix any issues so that others are able to use this properly!
- by X@bi, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5EDIT3: What do you know? It seems that NordVPN finally listened to customers.
Since the last update, I have to say that it worked seamlessly. I don't have to re-login everytime or uninstall/reinstall the extension, and NordVPN added 2FA. Increasing temporary my rating to 4, and I will adjust accordingly with time.
I have to acknowledge you did improve NordVPN.
EDIT2: Obviously everybody has issues with your addon so please stop saying "Sorry, if it persists contact the customer support" and fix your lousy login....
EDIT: Nope, even without any other addon and on different systems the login error is there, and completely random. Your login system is just a bad idea IMO. I miss the old one with login and password, and you could just add 2FA. It used to randomly disconnect but it was easier to connect.
Like many people I have this login issue, only workaround is to uninstall/reinstall the addon.
This NordAccount thing is the worst idea ever, login and password was better, I have to constantly relogin through the browser, which defeats the purpose of the VPN when I am in a censored country. Definitely not renewing....
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHello. Apologies for the trouble! However, please try disabling any additional extensions, such as adblcokers, which might interfere, and check if the issue persists. As for NordAccount, you should be able to access it even in countries with internet restrictions. If you're unable to or the login issues persist, please reach out to our customer support team for them to check on what could be causing the issue. -A.S.
- by Firefox user 14509227, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works ok but you better hope the node you are closest too hasn't been banned by Netflix or Disney+ because you have only the one choice per nation... The desktop app lets you choose between multiple nodes within a nation so it's better.
- by Sylvania Roger, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's good for those who are already subscribed to the plan. All you have to do is login and you're able to connect right after it. It even supports closing Firefox and re-opening again that means once you turn the vpn on you can restart Firefox as much you like and the vpn will still be active. However, my only complain is it doesn't have much server in or near Australia.