- Rated 5 out of 5by css0101, 3 years agoПосле обновления дополнение работает идеально. Очень нравится. Спасибо!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Andrew Bray, 3 years agoI've been using this extension for a couple of years now, and it's a shame there aren't more people using it. You get icons for all of your bookmarks, in a clean-looking page. Tons of customization in how your background, theme, icons, labels, everything looks. IMO this looks better than any other tab page out there.
The only complaint I have is that even on the simplest settings, it still takes a second or two to load. But I probably can't blame the developer for that! It's a web browser extension after all.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zacharie, 3 years agodoes what the built-in firefox new tab page promises to do but didn't. Thanks Thomas. All I wanted is my bookmarks to show up when I clicked new tab, instead of what an algorithm thought I wanted showing up.
- Rated 5 out of 5by -RKI-, 4 years agoThis is a very great extension. However, I miss some options in it - The possibility of adding a search bar in the new tab and the possibility of changing the start page cos I like to use the add-on as a new tab but I would like to be able to set my own start page. But anyway I leave five stars. Good job! :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dubster, 4 years agoLove this extension. Only issue I have is that the same icon is used for different pages that have the same domain name. I click on "only for this single URL," and choose an icon for the page, but then all other site icons with the same domain name change to that icon. It seems that should only happen when clicking on "for all URLs with this host."
Still, great work by the author.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThx for your feedback! :)
The term "single URL" is shown for the User, but internally NelliTab is not using everything from the url, it uses only a part of an URL. There is lot of room for improvements and bug fixing. Please could write me an email to email@example.com with example URLs, then i will check asap.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bram, 4 years agoExactly what I've been looking for! This add-on deserves a much higher spot in the search results. It turns my bookmark bar folder into a simple grid of icons, nicely customizable. Great work!
- Rated 5 out of 5by bubble, 4 years agoSimply stunning. I come from Opera and was missing my SpeedDial. This is perfect since it does not collect your data and doesn't require an account like some others do. Plus, it looks great and modern and is fully customizable. Also the developer seems to be very active with the development and support of the users, which is impressive for a free piece of software. Absolutely recommended. Thank you Thomas!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15489470, 4 years agoGreat extension that does (almost) exactly what I need.
I would love to use this every day, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing that. I have multiple bookmarks from the same site, and this extension always "auto download" icons for the bookmarks. This results in the the same icon being used for almost all my bookmarks which is annoying. I would prefer if there were an option that allowed you to disable automatically downloading icons
Update: The developer responded very quickly and fixed my issue within a few days. Very impressed!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15316820, 4 years agoSimply the best and frankly the only usable Speed Dial add-on for Firefox that actually utilizes your bookmarks, feels lightweight enough, and looks nice and not out of place with the rest of the browser's UI. Made switching from Vivaldi easier... hope to see this become more popular. Great job!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Angry Fox, 4 years agoОтличное дополнение, широкие возможности для настройки по своему вкусу, подхватывает внутреннюю структуру папок из закладок самого браузера.
Но есть проблема с иконками сайтов, подгрузаются медленно и только после ручного прожимания каждой. Если загружать собственные иконки, расширение не сжимает их, и размер базы хранимых иконок может стать большим, из-за чего браузер начнет тормозить.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15088178, 5 years agoThe go-to extension for all who want an organized link collection on their new tab page without compromising their privacy. No redirecting your links, no ads, no trackers, just the launchpad you want, and for free. (It's also possible to support the developer via Patreon which is entirely voluntary. There is only an understated mentioning of this on the options page - no nagging in any way.)
NelliTab is fast and easy to work with. After setting up some basics all you need to do is get your bookmarks in order and you're good to go. Any changes you make to your bookmarks will immediately be reflected in your new tab pages. For me this is the first time I even use bookmarks - I had cultivated a local HTML startpage before - , and I quite like it!
This concept also mixes well with Firefox's new "Pocket" functionality. I have started using bookmarks for more permanent links, like news portals I visit regularly, while I save specific articles that I want to read later or archive for specific purposes to Pocket.
I was in brief email contact with the developer regarding a small bug (?) I had encountered and which was fixed in less than a day while maintaining polite, helpful and clear communication. That kind of responsiveness went above and beyond even my highest expectations. In turn I am happy to support the project with this review. Go NelliTab!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15110514, 5 years agoAwesome addon that was exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your time in creating this, Thomas. I didn't want to rate it any less that 5 stars, but I did find one small bug that maybe you can fix easily. In Firefox 67.0.4 if you bookmark about:profiles or about:performance it will cause NelliTab to crash and not show any bookmarks at all. If the about:profiles or about:performance bookmarks are deleted through the normal bookmark manager, NtelliTab will once again show all the bookmarks normally. Cheers!
Edit: Latest update works perfect within the restrictions of Firefox. For anyone reading this, it took the author less than a day to respond and fix this bug. Many thanks and I wish you great success.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi, thx for your feedback. I will write a fix asap.
Update: Should be fixed in 2019.13.754. But please note in Firefox an extension cannot open such internal URLs. Chrome does not have such limitation. Thats why e.g. the right sidebar in Chrome has much more (internal) links for quick access than in Firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13496060, 5 years agoFantastic addon! Very good that it uses the native bookmark folders as its "data source", so that bookmarks and folders are easily synced between computers. The only additional thing I would want is a way of synchronizing custom icons between multiple computers.