- Rated 5 out of 5by Dubster, 3 years agoLove this extension. Only issue I have is that the same icon is used for different pages that have the same domain name. I click on "only for this single URL," and choose an icon for the page, but then all other site icons with the same domain name change to that icon. It seems that should only happen when clicking on "for all URLs with this host."
Still, great work by the author.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThx for your feedback! :)
The term "single URL" is shown for the User, but internally NelliTab is not using everything from the url, it uses only a part of an URL. There is lot of room for improvements and bug fixing. Please could write me an email to email@example.com with example URLs, then i will check asap.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bram, 3 years agoExactly what I've been looking for! This add-on deserves a much higher spot in the search results. It turns my bookmark bar folder into a simple grid of icons, nicely customizable. Great work!
- Rated 5 out of 5by bubble, 3 years agoSimply stunning. I come from Opera and was missing my SpeedDial. This is perfect since it does not collect your data and doesn't require an account like some others do. Plus, it looks great and modern and is fully customizable. Also the developer seems to be very active with the development and support of the users, which is impressive for a free piece of software. Absolutely recommended. Thank you Thomas!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15489470, 3 years agoGreat extension that does (almost) exactly what I need.
I would love to use this every day, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing that. I have multiple bookmarks from the same site, and this extension always "auto download" icons for the bookmarks. This results in the the same icon being used for almost all my bookmarks which is annoying. I would prefer if there were an option that allowed you to disable automatically downloading icons
Update: The developer responded very quickly and fixed my issue within a few days. Very impressed!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15316820, 3 years agoSimply the best and frankly the only usable Speed Dial add-on for Firefox that actually utilizes your bookmarks, feels lightweight enough, and looks nice and not out of place with the rest of the browser's UI. Made switching from Vivaldi easier... hope to see this become more popular. Great job!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15088178, 4 years agoThe go-to extension for all who want an organized link collection on their new tab page without compromising their privacy. No redirecting your links, no ads, no trackers, just the launchpad you want, and for free. (It's also possible to support the developer via Patreon which is entirely voluntary. There is only an understated mentioning of this on the options page - no nagging in any way.)
NelliTab is fast and easy to work with. After setting up some basics all you need to do is get your bookmarks in order and you're good to go. Any changes you make to your bookmarks will immediately be reflected in your new tab pages. For me this is the first time I even use bookmarks - I had cultivated a local HTML startpage before - , and I quite like it!
This concept also mixes well with Firefox's new "Pocket" functionality. I have started using bookmarks for more permanent links, like news portals I visit regularly, while I save specific articles that I want to read later or archive for specific purposes to Pocket.
I was in brief email contact with the developer regarding a small bug (?) I had encountered and which was fixed in less than a day while maintaining polite, helpful and clear communication. That kind of responsiveness went above and beyond even my highest expectations. In turn I am happy to support the project with this review. Go NelliTab!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15110514, 4 years agoAwesome addon that was exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your time in creating this, Thomas. I didn't want to rate it any less that 5 stars, but I did find one small bug that maybe you can fix easily. In Firefox 67.0.4 if you bookmark about:profiles or about:performance it will cause NelliTab to crash and not show any bookmarks at all. If the about:profiles or about:performance bookmarks are deleted through the normal bookmark manager, NtelliTab will once again show all the bookmarks normally. Cheers!
Edit: Latest update works perfect within the restrictions of Firefox. For anyone reading this, it took the author less than a day to respond and fix this bug. Many thanks and I wish you great success.Hi, thx for your feedback. I will write a fix asap.
Update: Should be fixed in 2019.13.754. But please note in Firefox an extension cannot open such internal URLs. Chrome does not have such limitation. Thats why e.g. the right sidebar in Chrome has much more (internal) links for quick access than in Firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13496060, 4 years agoFantastic addon! Very good that it uses the native bookmark folders as its "data source", so that bookmarks and folders are easily synced between computers. The only additional thing I would want is a way of synchronizing custom icons between multiple computers.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14695120, 4 years agoCan I manually switch the background from the uploaded images? Now I can neither see the images uploaded nor manually select one. If I want to use one image as bg for a while. I have to delete all images I uploaded and re-upload a single image. That's a bit inconvenient...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Wumou, 4 years agoGreat work. Can we have more rows than 1 for the Top Sites session?Thx for the feedback!
NelliTab first release was for Chrome and the API returns only 10 Top Sites and since first release and making it compatible to Firefox i never improved it or checked if the limitation exists in Firefox too. I will put it on my TODO list to check if it can have more than one row.
Update: New options "Rows" for top sites is now available in 2019.5.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Дмитрий, 4 years agoКлассный плагин визуальных закладок.
Он позволил быстро перейти с Фаст Диал при обновлении ФФ выше 56 версии. Указываешь корневую папку и все :)
*Сделать скриншоты страниц сайтов в иконках закладок как у Фаст Диала. Легче воспринимаются визуально.
*Сделать открытие закладки в новой вкладке (опционально вкл-выкл).
Cool visual bookmarks plugin.
He allowed a quick switch from the Fast Dial when updating FF above version 56. You specify the root folder and that's it :)
* Make screenshots of site pages in bookmark icons like the Fast Dial. Easier perceived visually.
* Make the opening of a bookmark in a new tab (optional on-off).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14468714, 4 years agoExactly what i was looking for. A speed dial light and simple with icons instead of snapshots (like safari speed dial). You can choose whatever icons you want. A lot of options, no "pro" version or "lite" version just one simple free version. Very beautiful and customizable. Keep up the good work!!!