- Rated 5 out of 5Love this extension. Only issue I have is that the same icon is used for different pages that have the same domain name. I click on "only for this single URL," and choose an icon for the page, but then all other site icons with the same domain name change to that icon. It seems that should only happen when clicking on "for all URLs with this host."
Still, great work by the author.
Developer responseposted a month agoThx for your feedback! :)
The term "single URL" is shown for the User, but internally NelliTab is not using everything from the url, it uses only a part of an URL. There is lot of room for improvements and bug fixing. Please could write me an email to email@example.com with example URLs, then i will check asap.
- Rated 5 out of 5Exactly what I've been looking for! This add-on deserves a much higher spot in the search results. It turns my bookmark bar folder into a simple grid of icons, nicely customizable. Great work!
- Rated 5 out of 5Great extension that does (almost) exactly what I need.
I would love to use this every day, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing that. I have multiple bookmarks from the same site, and this extension always "auto download" icons for the bookmarks. This results in the the same icon being used for almost all my bookmarks which is annoying. I would prefer if there were an option that allowed you to disable automatically downloading icons
Update: The developer responded very quickly and fixed my issue within a few days. Very impressed!
- Rated 5 out of 5Awesome
- Rated 4 out of 5Thanks for good "Speed Dial" without sync with unknown servers and any privacy dangers. Its really simple for use and pretty addon.
Unfortunately, it does not show anything in the download section. I use the Multithreaded Download Manager addon, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, since all of its downloads are also displayed in the standard firefox download tool.
I also think you deserve to be a recommended extension. Try writing Mozilla with this sentence by providing the source code.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThx for the feedback.
I'm sorry, currently the download API is a bit limited for Web extensions that's why NelliTab shows only downloads from current session and not all downloads as shown in own Download Manager. Issue has been already reported years ago to Mozilla that downloads from past sessions should be returned as well (https://bugzil.la/1255507).
Same code works great already in Chrome. That's why is it worth to write a workaround (e.g. remembering items in local storage of NelliTab) or just to wait until this issue has been fixed by Mozilla... I will check it to implement it in next release.
Mozilla has already the "clean" source code of each release... The extension is just for fun, I hope somebody at Mozilla will appreciate it someday by self. ;-)
- Rated 5 out of 5Simply the best and frankly the only usable Speed Dial add-on for Firefox that actually utilizes your bookmarks, feels lightweight enough, and looks nice and not out of place with the rest of the browser's UI. Made switching from Vivaldi easier... hope to see this become more popular. Great job!
- Rated 5 out of 5The go-to extension for all who want an organized link collection on their new tab page without compromising their privacy. No redirecting your links, no ads, no trackers, just the launchpad you want, and for free. (It's also possible to support the developer via Patreon which is entirely voluntary. There is only an understated mentioning of this on the options page - no nagging in any way.)
NelliTab is fast and easy to work with. After setting up some basics all you need to do is get your bookmarks in order and you're good to go. Any changes you make to your bookmarks will immediately be reflected in your new tab pages. For me this is the first time I even use bookmarks - I had cultivated a local HTML startpage before - , and I quite like it!
This concept also mixes well with Firefox's new "Pocket" functionality. I have started using bookmarks for more permanent links, like news portals I visit regularly, while I save specific articles that I want to read later or archive for specific purposes to Pocket.
I was in brief email contact with the developer regarding a small bug (?) I had encountered and which was fixed in less than a day while maintaining polite, helpful and clear communication. That kind of responsiveness went above and beyond even my highest expectations. In turn I am happy to support the project with this review. Go NelliTab!
- Rated 5 out of 5Awesome addon that was exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your time in creating this, Thomas. I didn't want to rate it any less that 5 stars, but I did find one small bug that maybe you can fix easily. In Firefox 67.0.4 if you bookmark about:profiles or about:performance it will cause NelliTab to crash and not show any bookmarks at all. If the about:profiles or about:performance bookmarks are deleted through the normal bookmark manager, NtelliTab will once again show all the bookmarks normally. Cheers!
Edit: Latest update works perfect within the restrictions of Firefox. For anyone reading this, it took the author less than a day to respond and fix this bug. Many thanks and I wish you great success.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoHi, thx for your feedback. I will write a fix asap.
Update: Should be fixed in 2019.13.754. But please note in Firefox an extension cannot open such internal URLs. Chrome does not have such limitation. Thats why e.g. the right sidebar in Chrome has much more (internal) links for quick access than in Firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5Long-awaited solution that does Speed Dial good and with style, like (even better...) in Opera.
- Rated 5 out of 5Fantastic addon! Very good that it uses the native bookmark folders as its "data source", so that bookmarks and folders are easily synced between computers. The only additional thing I would want is a way of synchronizing custom icons between multiple computers.
- Rated 5 out of 5Changing backgrounds automatically on day/night schedule would be great...
- Rated 5 out of 5Great work. Can we have more rows than 1 for the Top Sites session?Thx for the feedback!
NelliTab first release was for Chrome and the API returns only 10 Top Sites and since first release and making it compatible to Firefox i never improved it or checked if the limitation exists in Firefox too. I will put it on my TODO list to check if it can have more than one row.
Update: New options "Rows" for top sites is now available in 2019.5.
- Rated 3 out of 5Great extension, just need to be improved and enriched enough.
Well, I installed it and used happily for few days. Than I started to experiment with color settings and suddenly everything disappeared and at add-ons page where settings of NelliTab should be only little circle is spinning indicating extension is trying to do something but it can't complete and everything is blocked, so even reset button is not accessible.
For now sadly I have to say bye-bye to NelliTab and wait for solution/improvement.
I use Firefox 66.0b3.I am sorry, that NelliTab is not working anymore.
Please note in Firefox 66 Beta there is e.g. a regex parsing bug in main configuration file which causes the issue you described above, that most extensions marked as "invalid" and already installed extension do not work anymore. I had the same issue with my Firefox Developer Edition.
I can only recommend to not use any Beta version.
But of course i cannot eliminate that you hit another bug in NelliTab, but if the bug occurs in Firefox Stable as well please let me know, i try to fix it asap.
- Rated 4 out of 5Thank's! This is the best solution for visual bookmarks!
Needs more interactive: Make, rename and drag groups and bookmarks in the general window. Pls!