Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by Zacharie, 5 days agoRated 5 out of 5does what the built-in firefox new tab page promises to do but didn't. Thanks Thomas. All I wanted is my bookmarks to show up when I clicked new tab, instead of what an algorithm thought I wanted showing up.
- by arhist, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for the great addition! I did not find how to disable spontaneous updating of site icons after each opening of the site, even icons created by myself get lost. Is it possible to make it possible to switch to the vertical arrangement of tabs
Hello again! I solved the problem with site icons by disabling "Download the missing icons of websites you visit". And when loading an icon manually, you must use "For this URL only"
Developer responseposted 4 months agoThis bug seem to be anoying and was already reported. But I cannot reproduce this issue and the other reporter did not answer. Please could you write me an email to email@example.com? I need to know which settings you have (e.g. sending a backup of settings?). I will try to find the trouble maker asap... and do not understand your feature request, you mean if you have tabs enabled to move the tab from top to left?
- by Максим, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very great extension!
Please also add more transitions and animations :)
For example, when switching between tabs, or navigating folders within the same tab.
Also it is unclear how to enable column view for categories - I found it out only after few days of digging in the settings :)
- by -RKI-, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very great extension. However, I miss some options in it - The possibility of adding a search bar in the new tab and the possibility of changing the start page cos I like to use the add-on as a new tab but I would like to be able to set my own start page. But anyway I leave five stars. Good job! :)
- by Dubster, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Love this extension. Only issue I have is that the same icon is used for different pages that have the same domain name. I click on "only for this single URL," and choose an icon for the page, but then all other site icons with the same domain name change to that icon. It seems that should only happen when clicking on "for all URLs with this host."
Still, great work by the author.Thx for your feedback! :)
The term "single URL" is shown for the User, but internally NelliTab is not using everything from the url, it uses only a part of an URL. There is lot of room for improvements and bug fixing. Please could write me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with example URLs, then i will check asap.
- by Bram, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Exactly what I've been looking for! This add-on deserves a much higher spot in the search results. It turns my bookmark bar folder into a simple grid of icons, nicely customizable. Great work!
- by bubble, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simply stunning. I come from Opera and was missing my SpeedDial. This is perfect since it does not collect your data and doesn't require an account like some others do. Plus, it looks great and modern and is fully customizable. Also the developer seems to be very active with the development and support of the users, which is impressive for a free piece of software. Absolutely recommended. Thank you Thomas!
- by Firefox user 15489470, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension that does (almost) exactly what I need.
I would love to use this every day, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing that. I have multiple bookmarks from the same site, and this extension always "auto download" icons for the bookmarks. This results in the the same icon being used for almost all my bookmarks which is annoying. I would prefer if there were an option that allowed you to disable automatically downloading icons
Update: The developer responded very quickly and fixed my issue within a few days. Very impressed!
- by Sergey Twersky, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for good "Speed Dial" without sync with unknown servers and any privacy dangers. Its really simple for use and pretty addon.
Unfortunately, it does not show anything in the download section. I use the Multithreaded Download Manager addon, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, since all of its downloads are also displayed in the standard firefox download tool.
I also think you deserve to be a recommended extension. Try writing Mozilla with this sentence by providing the source code.Thx for the feedback.
I'm sorry, currently the download API is a bit limited for Web extensions that's why NelliTab shows only downloads from current session and not all downloads as shown in own Download Manager. Issue has been already reported years ago to Mozilla that downloads from past sessions should be returned as well (https://bugzil.la/1255507).
Same code works great already in Chrome. That's why is it worth to write a workaround (e.g. remembering items in local storage of NelliTab) or just to wait until this issue has been fixed by Mozilla... I will check it to implement it in next release.
Mozilla has already the "clean" source code of each release... The extension is just for fun, I hope somebody at Mozilla will appreciate it someday by self. ;-)
- by Firefox user 15316820, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simply the best and frankly the only usable Speed Dial add-on for Firefox that actually utilizes your bookmarks, feels lightweight enough, and looks nice and not out of place with the rest of the browser's UI. Made switching from Vivaldi easier... hope to see this become more popular. Great job!
- by Firefox user 15088178, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The go-to extension for all who want an organized link collection on their new tab page without compromising their privacy. No redirecting your links, no ads, no trackers, just the launchpad you want, and for free. (It's also possible to support the developer via Patreon which is entirely voluntary. There is only an understated mentioning of this on the options page - no nagging in any way.)
NelliTab is fast and easy to work with. After setting up some basics all you need to do is get your bookmarks in order and you're good to go. Any changes you make to your bookmarks will immediately be reflected in your new tab pages. For me this is the first time I even use bookmarks - I had cultivated a local HTML startpage before - , and I quite like it!
This concept also mixes well with Firefox's new "Pocket" functionality. I have started using bookmarks for more permanent links, like news portals I visit regularly, while I save specific articles that I want to read later or archive for specific purposes to Pocket.
I was in brief email contact with the developer regarding a small bug (?) I had encountered and which was fixed in less than a day while maintaining polite, helpful and clear communication. That kind of responsiveness went above and beyond even my highest expectations. In turn I am happy to support the project with this review. Go NelliTab!