- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16644741, a month agoI've never encountered a company with such bad service. You can even see their online support where questions go unanswered for months.
They have features that don't work for months without acknowledging them or without correcting their instructions.
IF someone responds to a service requests, it takes two months.
Then there is their history of breaches. Two in the last few months, which they don't acknowledge.
What's worse than no password program or reusing the same password all over? Having all your passwords released on the dark web when LastPass gets hacked and doesn't tell you.
A false sense of security is worse than none. LastPass should be sued by users. The Justice Dept needs to look at the history of MULTIPLE breaches.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13638232, a month agoThese last couple of updates have completely messed up this extension. The extension is never immediately up to date with the vault after you create a new password or update it. Additionally, can't ever create a password entry manually through the extension menu anymore. as soon as I type in my email, it automatically picks up some random entry i've saved into my vault and turns into "update this password" mode. Like the bugs are so bad, i'm just trying to add a new password my dudes...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Motor_Maximum, a month agothe latest update is disgusting, nothing works, doesn't autofill passwords i.e. the basics. Google chrome version is still good, how do I revert to previous version?!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nika, a month agoLast update is absolutely terrible, I will migrate to OnePassword or literally any other extension. It keeps trying to save absolutely random fields as passwords, blocks websites from loading and is a general headache.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17693692, a month agoDe pire en pire... Remplis des formulaire de type firstname, lastname, etc... automatiquement sans possibilités de laisser les valeurs par défaut, très pratique pour éditer une fiche client CRM....
Au revoir LastPass, bonjour Keeper
- Rated 1 out of 5by Bal, 2 months agoLast pass sert une fois tous les 2 ans : on ne se souvient plus de son mot de passe ni de quoi que ce soit. Or, pour créer son espace santé, il le faut. Du coup: pas d'espace santé. Et c'est vital !
- Rated 2 out of 5by Mrantz, 2 months agoI was on the verge of going Premium with LastPass, and I thank the stars I didn't. I don't know if the people at LastPass were distracted by the repetitive data breaches they've had over the last several months, or if they've fired all the good coders, but this last release or 2 have really JACKED UP THEIR PRODUCT !!! I've been using the FireFox addon for LastPass for well over a year, and honestly, never really had a problem until the last month or so. Anyways, I'll give LastPass some time to get this sorted out before I decided to move on to another product. I think they deserve the chance, but up to now it's been a pretty good product. See everyone elses comments as well. LastPass is a liked product, but seriously, the bugs that have been been approved and released into production - I gotta believe there was little to NO TESTING AT ALL, because some of these bugs are just so much in your face, you couldn't miss them. DO BETTER LASTPASS !!! DO BETTER !!!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Phil, 2 months agoI have used this extension and service for years -- this most recent extension update broke the extension. Double checked on multiple computers. This newest (early Dec 2022) "update" has serious flaws. LastPass -- come online and fix this.
(Side note: their web-form for submitting support requests is, guess what, also broken and doesn't allow attachments, even of the allowed file types.)
(Side note #2: this is getting even worse... sent email to their "support" email listed on the LastPass Password extension page... and got an "undeliverable" message from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Did LastPass's support team just call December an "off month" and walk away from the office?)