I've been using LastPass for a few months, I have a paid subscription. The concept and the way it should work are very useful. The basic functionality works great, it works with logins, forms and secure notes. Encryption is done client side so, at least it appears, it's quite secure. It warns you if the password field is insecure on a website. It also warns you if you try to enter your LastPass master password in a field on any website other than theirs.
Fingerprint logon works well (paid version only). I didn't try any of the other two-factor auth (they have a few services including Google Authenticator (SMS), YubiKey (USB device) and Sesame).
It imports saved logins from browsers and even saved Wi-Fis and does a good job. It auto-sorts most logins in theme folders (mail, shopping, education etc.)
A great feature - you can share any logins with other users. This is secure, but there a little misleading feature: you can either allow or disallow the other users to see the actual passwords. This is meaningless because if you do share a login the password is sniffable by the trusted user regardless of whether you choose to allow or deny.
Another nifty feature - for a few select websites it can change your password automatically (no user input at all).
It is at least dubious that they haven't updated their add-on in the Mozilla site. You can download the latest version from their website, but:
- the interface is glitchy, doesn't "fit" in their dialog boxes, and menu organization is actually worse than in the older version
- the auto-login feature is very unreliable (around 50% chance to actually work on a given website0
- they advertise "family folders" with the paid version; once you pay you realize you only can create ONE family folder, and in spite of the name ("family") you can only create more if you get the "enterprise" version (not a big deal, but literally false advertising)
- the pop-up that inserts login data into forms can take anywhere from 5 to FORTY-FIVE seconds to load
- they advertise a Firefox Mobile extension with the paid version as well, but that doesn't work
- they advertise "priority" tech support for the paid version, however the ticket system is slow (three, four days to get a reply) and it's completely unhelpful
- they have a support forum, but it's moderated and when I tried to post my post was never allowed through
It would have been wonderful if this worked; unfortunately it does not (with the latest version of Thunderbird, anyway).
Does not work with new Firefox. PLEASE FIX!!! I pay for Lastpass. Why doesn't it work now? Error: File is corrupt
I cannot live without this add-on but it makes FF (50.0.2) completely unusable. It seems like it connects to something or does some background processing after every single click!
I had to disable my add-ons and switch them back on one by one to find out that the LastPass add-on was the culprit. If I am forced to log on to a site that requires a password, I am forced to use Chrome. Even IE works properly.
Please fix this issue so I can switch back to FF!
It´s no more working with the newest Firefox, please fix this as soon as possible!!!
I use it every day.
This has worked very well for me in the past, both with passwords and with filling other forms, but now it is virtually useless. Please make this compatible for multiprocess (e10s) for Firefox! Thank you.
The official websit says:Access on all devices Now Free!
Cannot do without it, have been using it for years now without great problems. But some flaws:
1) changing passwords is cumbersome as it mistakes the "Current Password" field often for the "New Password" field.
2) Dialogues often unreadable with darker themes, also with darker settings when using a Firefox add-on such as "Dark Background and light text"
Been using LassPass for a couple of years now and I love it. The interface is a bit confusing to begin with when new sites are added, but this is just a learning curve and once you are there there is no looking back. I use across my 3 computers and on my Android phone. Highly recommended
Yesterday I installed LastPass on Android device first time after I got the “trial has ended" message from my first experience with LastPass on mobile. This isn't the same device, and this install never had it before - I got the tablet cheap because it's used, but of course I did a factory reset before anything else.
1) Your add-on should now be free, as all your products not depending on device, operating system or browser it's made for, and if not made for browser, the former ones still hold.
2) one day I installed it on my new tablets, which was the first handheld it felt usable and addons didn't make it crawl - on my phone, much newer, it crawled anyway, just less if I only had uBlock Origin and stuff like Quit add-on, which does nothing until user selects Quit from menu. I logged in, had to verify login from link in email, then login again, and it worked.
3) I started Firefox again- guess it was closed, because LastPass now, ONE DAY AFTER, claimed that my trial, which shouldn't be, had ended!I'm pissed - maybe my trial period, the real one, is saved into my accounts information, to prevent trying to get new trial period, that's how I'd done it, but your add-on shouldn't care about it, and it didn't yesterday, so there's a bug which sometimes claims your trials over, and I don't care if it's rare or common that it does this - nor if it doesn't.Only acceptable solution is to remove the unnecessary code only related to trial period, because that way it can't well give such error!
FIX IT ASAP!!!
Well my last post was removed. .didn't edit. .This has BAD all over it. ! (1) Their website looks amateur plus they post how many users on line telling me that they have full control over your phone and passwords (2) Who is accountable? They could easily sell your info while they sit on a beach with no laws (3) I can't find 1 good thing about them.! Give them access to my phone? #uck NO
Terrible performance with framerate drops.
Currently, both 3.x and 4.x versions create significant performance problems on all my firefox browsers I use. Many pages load time increases dramatically to up to 20 seconds during which firefox freezes. about:performance tab in FF always show highest load for lastpass addon upon page refresh.
Sad, but time has passed and nothing was done yet - looks like consequences of LogMeIn incursion (https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/10/lastpass-joins-logmein.html).
Have to search for alternatives.
This plugin will make your browser almost unusable, specially if you use to open and close many tabs.
It's been like this for around a year and no word from lastpass.
The latest development version never gets the LastPass popup window open. Just hangs a blank window.
I believe this is a general error with the addon and Firefox 50.x series. I've had the same issue with other addons in Firefox 50.x
This makes my FF 50.0.2 hang very badly. Made FF unusable. Disabled all addons one by one. LastPass was the one causing the problem. Reenabled all other addons except Last Pass and FF is working great again. Angry because I paid for LP premium and now I can't use it.
Works really bad on Firefox, and the menu when you are filling the form don't work well
Not compatible with multiprocess
LastPass used to be a great password manager. I'm using the Premium version since many years. But now it is getting worse worse worse from version to version. :(
Not only is the addon incredibly slow, it breaks navigation.
Sometimes it shows an "auto-suggestion" in a form field with just offers to save data. It cannot be closed and displays over the browser's own auto-suggestions.
I used it for 3 years, but now it's unusable. Looking for an alternative.
Cannot log in to addon due to not being able to input my master password - for whatever reason the entry field for password remains empty. I can still type in the email address field so looks like a bug.
Generally I'm fine with this old v3 version, since it's less bugged than current v4, but security addons never should be outdated.