- Rated 3 out of 5by heheich, a year agoHello. In the "Connected Databases" menu, I try to delete them, but they are not deleted. If they can't be deleted, what is the Delete button for? I click on it but nothing happens
Something I'm afraid for the safety of my data, my databases do not remain with anyone if they cannot be deleted?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kelson, a year agoKeePass lets you keep your own password vault on your own system, or sync using the service of your choice.
The browser extension takes a little effort to connect it to your desktop app the first time, but from that point on it mostly does its job and stays out of your way, detecting login forms and adding a button to fill in credentials you've stored with that URL in KeePassXC (When you have the desktop app open and the database unlocked).
Tips on matching websites to password entries:
1. General URLs will match better, like example.com instead of example.com/login?fromSignIn=true.
2. You can associate extra websites that use the same account by putting them in extra fields named KP2A_URL, KP2A_URL2, etc. in the desktop application. (Conveniently, these are the same fields KeePass2Android uses.)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Brad, a year agoRough around the edges. While largely functional, I routinely run into these two problems.
1) Firefox often reports that this extension is slowing down my browser and gives me a button to stop it (my browser feels locked up for 5-10 seconds when this occurs.)
2) Sometimes the extension auto fills on the browser, and sometimes I get this little red question mark on the extension icon, I have to click on that, then select it to auto form fill. I can't figure out why this happens or how to disable it.
The good news is that the entire system is great for working with yubikeys, which I love for serverless password store security.