- by Romain, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Fonctionne très avec KeepassXC, la complétion automatique est performante même avec plusieurs identifiant, et la possibilité de choisir des champs d’identification personnalisé est la bienvenue.
- by Firefox user 17086033, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5This addon works by connecting to the KeepassXC program and filling login fields with the passwords from the Keepass vault.
It works extremely poorly for a number of reasons:
First: It does not reliably connect to the KeepassXC program. It will occasionally disconnect and require you to restart KeepassXC before connecting again.
Second: The password fill feature fails far more often than it works. I would estimate that I can only successfully fill password forms on 5 to 10% of the websites I visit.
Third: When the auto-fill feature does work, it is frequently followed by an erroneous "your password has changed" prompt asking if you want to create a new entry for the site you literally just filled in.
Fourth: The user interface is minimalist to a fault. You are given no indication as to why the program cannot or will not fill the password fields. Is it because it doesn't think I have a password for the domain? Has it lost the connection? Is there some invisible blocking me from clicking on the password icon? There is no way to tell, the addin simply doesn't respond.
I am using KeepassXC 2.6.6 and browser extension version 18.104.22.168
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThank you for the feedback. If any of these issues are not solved, please open a ticket at GitHub.
First: This sounds like the keepassxc-proxy that is transferring the messages between the extension and KeePassXC is shutdown. This might be due to anti-virus software or some other process that interferes with it. The next time this happens, check if the process is running.
Second: Please use as simple URL's as possible in your entries. If the site you're using is for example https://loginpage.example.com/login/something?yes=no, the best entry URL for this kind of page is https://loginpage.example.com/login/, https://loginpage.example.com (or just https://example.com).
Third: This means even after filling it doesn't regognize an entry from that page. Verify the page and entry URL again.
Fourth: Yes. It's very minimal. Notifications on why the filling doesn't work needs to be added so there's some indication to the user why nothing happens. If you've lost the connection totally, the icon should be gray with and X (or gray with a lock icon if database is closed).
- by Firefox user 15536911, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5Doesn't work in Ubuntu 21.10 out-of-the-box. You have to uninstall the default snap version of firefox and then install the host version. Would be nice if this was in the documentation.
- by Firefox user 17081499, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't do anything expected such as aid or simplify autofill of names and passwords. The concept is quite convoluted when it comes to setup and configuring. Might want to start from scratch or just focus on perfecting the software and forget the addon if you can't get it to work.
- by Firefox user 16611524, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Horribly unreliable. Two stars because it isn't completely broken.
I flush cookies on quit, so I sign into the same sites over and over. I *know* the URLs are right. I know it *can* find the right login form fields for these sites. It has succeeded in the past, so everything must be in place to work right. It just often doesn't fill them in. And it's not just one symptom, it's a strange mix of scenarios and reassuring feedback right before it does nothing. I love keepass, and want to love the extension, but I'm off to write a few github issues.
- by Firefox user 15659709, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on works exceptionally on Windows 10 but for some reason it can't integrate KeePassXC database on ZorinOS 15.3, not even with AppImage version. But it's still an excellent program.
- by UnironicallyTheSmartestPersonInTheRoom, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works pretty good... on occasion you may have a funky website that you may have to hunt down a reliable login address for... for what it is it works great with a minimal amount of fuss.
- by Arktor, a year agoRated 1 out of 5The login/password is almost never auto-filled by this extension in websites login/password fields. It works only on a very few sites (like Paypal for example).
I tried with the snap version, and the ppa version of KeepassXC, I got the latest version of it, ran the script when needed, nothing worked.
Keepass2 with Kee extension works perfectly on every webpage, so I went back to it. Shame because the installation of keepass2 with mono on linux is a pain, compared to the simple snap install of KeepassXC.
- by Firefox user 13658959, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Definitely a little buggy, unlike the main app. Once had an issue where the banner for updating an entry showed up despite the credentials not differing, the banner failed to appear on the next page despite being set to appear after infinite redirects, then on my next login on a different website I was notified that my database had changed despite me not interacting with the banner or database, I said to discard changes, after which the main app froze. Restarting the app usually fixes things, and when the extension works it works well.