- Rated 5 out of 5by Dan C, a month agoEssential plugin for getting the most out of the KeepassXC desktop program. Lets you use your passwords in the browser.
Works fairly well for most things, almost all of the time. That's all I really ask from free software. :-)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kelson, 2 months agoKeePass lets you keep your own password vault on your own system, or sync using the service of your choice.
The browser extension takes a little effort to connect it to your desktop app the first time, but from that point on it mostly does its job and stays out of your way, detecting login forms and adding a button to fill in credentials you've stored with that URL in KeePassXC (When you have the desktop app open and the database unlocked).
Tips on matching websites to password entries:
1. General URLs will match better, like example.com instead of example.com/login?fromSignIn=true.
2. You can associate extra websites that use the same account by putting them in extra fields named KP2A_URL, KP2A_URL2, etc. in the desktop application. (Conveniently, these are the same fields KeePass2Android uses.)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15166984, 3 months agoEvery day I get "Key exchange not successful" which forces me to restart the PC to get it working but apart from that, great tool.
I just keep the Keepass app open now and no more issues. The database locks with Windows.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoJust using the Reload button from extension popup should do it, and reconnect to KeePassXC if it's started after the browser. There should be no need to restart the whole PC.