Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by Accicada, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon. The only problem I have with it is that the setting to open in a new tab next to current instead opens it next to another random tab in the window. Hopefully this can be fixed and isn't another limitation.
- by Azulado, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, but it doesn't search for images hosted in private sites, like in intranets.
Edit: Got it, thanks! :DIt can, you just need to click on the 'Use Alternate' checkbox first to do a POST search using the image's data. Otherwise, the remote server has no way to access the internal network link you are sending it.
- by FIREF0XER, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5So many other image search apps in Firefox 57 have failed to work for me on Google Images when utilising its own search engine.
An image search attempt with all but one of those other apps that I tested resulted merely in a fresh, blank Google Images tab page opening for me to drag&drop an image onto........which is obviously not an action that I would need any extension app for.
And "Search By Image" (which is the only other image search app I discovered....besides your own....that is likewise working as desired with the Google Images search engine) has, since Firefox 57, stopped allowing the user to pick any individual image search engine to use (from a list of them) in any search attempt.........and instead searches via every single one of them simultaneously.......which is both resource hungry and very much overkill if that is neither needed or desired.
Yours is the only app that I've found that is currently working exactly as hoped with Firefox 57.....AND giving the user some measure of choice regarding how they conduct their search.
I also like the ability in the settings menu that you have provided to arrange the right-click, drop-down list of search engines into the order preferred.
So THANK YOU SO MUCH for this cracking app!!
- by Firefox user 5862475, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Used to be able to just right click and then click search with Google, now it's right click then -> image search options-> then search with Google, any way to skip that extra step and have it like before?
Thanks.No, it's a limitation of the new WebExtensions API which Mozilla is forcing all addons to use starting with FF57. They may make it possible to have multiple main menu items in the future, but it's out of our control for now...
- by Firefox user 13460139, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly, but since I updated to FF 57, the reverse image search option in my context menu disappears every time I exit and relaunch Firefox. I have to go into the add-on settings and save the preferences and the menu appears again after. This persists even after resetting settings to default and a full reinstall of the add-on. What gives?
- by ArcinHosenka, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The previous version worked perfectly. But, as of the latest update, it won't open image search tabs next to current tab. Could this be fixed?
- by The Astronomer, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension but I had to roll back to version 2. Latest update doesn't work on ESR 52. Otherwise, great extension.
- by Aconcagua, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Is there any options to have only Google search button on right click? (FF57)
On previous version was available.
Now it is: right click on image -> Image Search Options -> Google
How to change on: right click on image -> Google ?
P.S Very thanks for fix "New Background Tab" - now the search lands at the end of all tabs.
- by Firefox user 12509369, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Already using the 3.0.0 version but it seems there is no default profile built in.There was a bug in the initial 3.0.0 release which prevented it from loading properly when upgrading from an old 2.x version. Try installing the newest version, or going to the options page and hitting 'fix defaults'. Sorry for the trouble~