Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by pixelPROPER, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks, I've been using the add-on for months and it's always saved me the trouble of manually copying & pasting the url to the search engines. I regularly search images multiple time a day and it's helped big time.
The review by Gizmo_001 is a not really something potential users should look at. I recently formatted by hard drive and am re-doing all my add-on settings. I've finally gotten to this one and was easily able to add the Google Image Search with the instructions given in another review. It only took me one try (1 minute copy/paste) and worked perfectly.
- by Apollo!, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5I really like how it doesn't just find matches- it even finds close matches and gives probabilities of matches!
The bottom line is this gives a really good option for reverse picture searches!
- by Artoria, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I fixed the defaults settings but still got the same error.
When I search directly from the ascii2d site ( http://www.ascii2d.net/imagesearch ) or from the firefox search bar ( created by add to search bar ), everything works fine. So I think there is no problem with the ascii2d.net.
- by Sophie Hamilton, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this extension - it saves me from having to have two separate extensions for TinEye and Google Image Search :D
It would be really nice if the menu options didn't appear at the bottom of the context menu, though - it would be far nicer if they appeared near the other image options like View Image, Copy Image Location, etc. As it is, it just seems out of place.
- by Oungawak, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5You have made this extension really flexible. I can translate the menu and add new search engines really easily. <3
@zenopz: Just do it yourself :) Open the option menu of "Image Search Options" in the add-on manager. Then click "Add" and fill the form like this:
LEFT CLICK SETTINGS
RIGHT CLICK SETTINGS
VARIABLES ("Use POST instead of GET" checked)
SHOW ICON (the field on the right)
- by MistahK, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I think this is a great add-on but how do i add the google image search? I did what it says in the "About this Add-on" but it still doesnt workDid you try importing the text file? That method should definitely work, and it has the Google search by image set up properly and enabled. If you've tried importing and its still not working as you expect, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll see if we can get the issue resolved.
- by Firefox user 5769403, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a well made addon. It has every reverse image search engine there is,it's customizable and works perfectly. Never had any problems with it.
- Additional upload function from Harddisk would be nice, if possible...
- by wdw89, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5A useful extension.
GazoPa has closed their search engine. But they say "We'll be launching a new image search site mainly for research purpose in near future as an alternative tool for our current users. "
- by Firefox user 5751687, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello. Good extension. I would like to see the following changes to the new version:
1. Do not display the contex menu, if it is not an image
2. The search is conducted in a background tabThe context menu does only display when on an image, but by default background images are also considered searchable images. This can be disabled in the preferences if you so desire.Additionally, if you go into the preferences, you can set which window/tab/etc you would like results to be displayed in. This extension is highly customizable, and it is up to the user to modify it to fit their needs. It it undoubtedly the case that the defaults are not ideal for everyone, they are set up to provide a certain degree of functionality so users can get a feel for the extension.
- by ashram77, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5I use this addon regularly in Windows with Firefox 4.0 and have recently added it to my Linux/Firefox 4.0 installation. It works well with only one problem in that the options do not show up in the right click menu when selecting an image to search for.Haven't seen that before, very unusual... I'll have to take a look, but probably not too hard to fix. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Edit: This has been fixed in version 220.127.116.11, which is available from the 'all versions' page. Once it's fully reviewed by mozilla it'll show up here.