- Rated 5 out of 5by herofox, 4 years agoGoogle Docs is using the same shortcut. Could you consider adding an option to change the shortcut? Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Hyrum, 4 years agoFor some reason it didn't work until I restarted Firefox, but now it works flawlessly. I use this add-on to remove distractions so I can concentrate on my work. Thank you whoever built this!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Laserbeak, 4 years agoDoesn't work on Flash game sites that have input bar focused —so it's useless like the userChrome.css trick. Make the full screen trigger without window focus. Nevermind, it's a glitch in Habbo site, I'am back to using this userChrome script: https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14327815, 4 years agoSuperb. Works a treat and it does it quickly and looks absolutely perfect. Pressing ESC gets me back to the normal browser view, which is intuitive. There are many times, particularly, when I am writing or designing, that I like to go into total full screen mode (i.e. without the tabs and all the other clutter) and this does exactly that and does it more elegantly than anything else I have come across. Thank you for clearing up my screen so well :-)
- Rated 5 out of 5by LeeBinder, 5 years agoUPDATE 2021-08-22:
Les Merlotta's trick for Mac from 2020-10 is still working on Firefox 91.0.1 Mac:
"Type "about:config" in your Firefox address bar (like going to a website), click "Accept the risk and continue". Then copy/ paste "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false."
Thank you Trishul, good job. Running fine in macOS 10.10.13 High Sierra with Ctrl+Shift+F. I like that Cmd+Shift+F remains for the default full-screen behavior.
Just one request: please add an option page where to toggle if FS mode shall be left or kept when clicking onto a link (and maybe another option when leaving a domain).Apologies for late reply.
For now, full screen API doesnt allow to keep fullscreen if user navigates away from current URL
Also on addons.mozilla.org we can not load content script, hence it cant run this addon on the same
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13792397, 5 years agoIt didn't work at first. But it works fine after running the Java script. Thanks for a very useful add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13690589, 5 years agoAs of 15 January 2018, this is the only add-on that will allow fullscreen functionality with no menu/nav bars on OSX 10.12.6 (FF 57.0.4). The browser.fullscreen.autohide function is broken for this machine configuration.
Feature request for this add-on: please add an icon that can be added to the menu bar that does the CTRL+SHIFT+F shortcut with one click.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Cosmos Gu, 5 years agoIt works (mostly) as intended. Four things to note:
1. control+shift+F is the keyboard shortcut, even on a Mac. This is actually very helpful. Since it does not override the default fullscreen behavior, both fullscreen modes are within reach (command+shift+F calls for the default fullscreen behavior).
2. Due to some restrictions it does not work on addons.mozilla.org. This might lead to some false reports saying it does not work.
3. As soon as you do anything in a webpage (click a link, search with Google, etc.), it will revert back to the default fullscreen behavior.
4. It requires access to "all data in all websites", so regular code audits might be needed to ensure that it does not do anything malicious.Many thanks for listing this down, this will help other users too for sure :)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Gisleburt, 5 years agoI'm afraid I've had the same problem, ctrl+shift+F doesn't work. Using Quantum - 57.0
*Update*: Can't work out how to reply to my own comment. Yes, I needed it for a presentation which I was doing in reveal.jsHi there,
Have you tried this on any other website apart from addons.mozilla.org
- Rated 2 out of 5by Jason R. Coombs, 5 years agoDidn't work for me. Full screen still had tabs and bar on FF 57 and macOS 10.13.1. Same experience on FF 68 and macOS 10.14.5. Cmd+Shift+F and Cmd+Ctrl+F switches to full screen. Ctrl+Shift+F has no effect.HI there, this needs 'control'+'shift'+F
Can you please retry? This is still in improvement stages :)