- by bodwyn, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Only wanted to change active tab colour in dark theme (actually "System theme, following operating system" which is set to dark mode).
Couldn't figure out what was meant by various items I can change.
It changed more than it indicated.
Neither Undo nor Revert actually work.
Opened issue in GitHub.
Disabled add-on until it can do this 1 simple and commonly wanted tweak.
- by Firefox user 16934527, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Has the features it claims. But on installation makes everything ugly with no simple way to return to baseline defaults. I only wanted to change a single color, with this tool I have to manually change all the colors and then the one I actually wanted to change. I will find a different solution.
- by Danielle, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Really needs to be able to create a dark mode on the new tab page. That thing is blinding after using dark mode everywhere else. It feels like something so simple. Either have it match the system theme on macOS, or a simple light/dark toggle. Doesn't have to be customizable or theme matching (yet), just has to not blind me. Otherwise, really cool being able to tweak your theme, would be 5 stars without this surprisingly uncomfortable experience.
- by Matt, a year agoRated 2 out of 5This extension is great! Love the simple concept, UX, and tools to colourize Firefox the way I'd like!
However, I really REALLY don't like that it overrides the dark theme on the new tab page. (And why only on the new tab page? Why not also override the settings pages and stuff?) If I disable the extension, then the new tab page goes back to having dark mode.
Really, this extension should respect default behaviour by showing whichever theme my OS is set to for Firefox pages... then allowing me to choose to override that theme by selecting colours for the new tab and settings pages. That would make this extension PERFECT! :]
- by MsGGonFF, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I was repeatedly sent to Firefox Color to this to "create my own theme" after update to 68.2esr removed my UI. Have created and saved 5 times but the theme is gone on restart. There are no instructions on how to "add" the saved theme to my themes. Is this just a toy? Or can I somehow continue to use the theme I want? Is there any info on this anywhere? Nice interface and easy to use, but a disappointing waste of time so far.
- by exCorbac, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5So this is the replacement of Personas Plus. Well it's not as good, that the least to say.
- On its customiser page, Personas Plus had a very convenient colour picker. Firefox Color hasn't. One star disappears.
- While the interface is efficient and easy to use, I could only use it once. Indeed, from the time I saved the theme, I couldn't go back to the interface, neither with the add-on button nor the URL. I only get a flash of that quote page and that's it. One other star disappears.
- If theme is changed via add-ons menu, where by the way saved theme from F Color isn't even listed, you can reload this saved theme by clicking the add-on button, only if all F Color tabs are closed. One other star disappears.
Maybe the problem comes from my OS which is Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon 64-bit.
Personas Plus has less fancy options than its successor but at least still works to apply a custom theme. I stick to it for the moment.
- by 14scottyb, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5GARBAGE! What could Mozilla possibly be thinking?? Set-up is a pain, unless you choose to use one of the "pre-designed" themes that's offered. Trying to get text to display correctly in the search bar, bookmark bar, or side bar is often hit or miss. Most annoying of all though is that if you do find a "theme" that you can TOLERATE, Firefox sync does NOT install it to all of your computers automatically, leaving one to have to do this on EVERY SINGLE MACHINE individually! I'll allow two stars because Firefox is still my browser of choice on my Linux computers, but as far as theming is concerned, Mozilla has taken a HUGE step backwards!!
- by Eric Duhamel, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It's a good idea but it doesn't work well along with themes. It's one or the other. I found it quite limited then. Therefore, I'm back to my usual themes...
- by Thomas James "Tom" Seymour, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I've changed my review to two stars because Personas Plus is going out of support in six days and this add-on is still very experimental. I need it to be much more user friendly, starting with allowing 10 MB JPG images from my Panasonic LUMIX.