- by ANARCHIST-X, a month agoRated 1 out of 5CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FIX THIS SHIT ALREADY?! GODDAMNIT!
Well, it works great, but the custom background image disappears anytime I have to force the browser or P.C. to reboot, & I have to then readd my background image again, & that is very annoying! :( That aspect needs to be fixed, & ASAP! As my crappy computer freezes up & crashes ALOT! & I am tired of always having to keep putting my background image back in to that area of this addon everytime that happens! :( PLEASE fix this!
- by Thomas Sisson, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Apparently, this extension only opens color.firefox.com, which is the page which allows users to use some minimal online tools to stylize Firefox. There are no settings for the extension itself, nor is there a local tool within the browser. Unlike many other extensions, it does not extend settings within the browser, add options unavailable to Firefox, or make browsing the web easier.
- by remmmie, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Coming from Personas Plus this is a terrible experience. Adding an image to the background does not show it correctly so you can't see the true end result. and the adjustment icons don't work. Should be able to drag it.
Worse, since you can't see how it really looks until you get it signed, there is no way to try it without going though the rigamaroll which is way too complicated for someone who just wants a custom theme for themselves.
This should all be done locally with the ability to do it offline, then FF Color should be able to create a usable .xpi without signing or submitting if its only for that computer's use. It should be able to be flagged for non-distribution which would prevent it from going anywhere but the computer it was created on.
In that case one could create their own themes and try them out easily and quickly, without any of this ridiculous involved signing and submitting going on! For a THEME? REALLY?
Security should not come at the cost of common sense and private freedom to customize the look of your browser. It's not a threat to change colors and add a private photo as your background image.
PLEASE make this easier for people who are NOT interested in publishing!
- by Firefox user 16255010, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5The problem is that I want to change just one element or two from the default theme, but Firefox Color changes them all to the preexisting colors in its "Custom Color" tab, the moment I click on one and change it, so I should manually revert all the others to the original default.
This is very, very badly conceived. I should be able to change just the color of one single element, without the others being changed. I don't want to waist my time reverting all the others to the default, for which I should know what the defaults are in the first place, and I don't... BAD!
This is an extension made for those who want to play with it, not for those who just want to correct a few elements, without the fuss of having everything changed against their will, and then to have to painstakingly revert back all the colors they didn't want to change.
One easy solution would be that one of the preset themes in the "Preset Themes" tab, would be the the default one.
But of course that would not be a solution for those who already use a theme other than the default, and want to change just one color or two... The concept of this extension is wrong from the start...
PS: and You left out an important customization: the color of the sidebar itself. Hard to understand why...
- by NextGenThemes, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Why are can I only select a background pattern/image for the tabs and not the toolbar section like themes do? Themes gotten worse and worse as Firefox advances. Back in the day Themes actually changed icons and the entire UI. It would be a great tools to fast create themes but I do not get why it does not offer the tools to create a actual theme that is just images and colors this days anyway.
- by peedleton, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I cannot download this without yet again installing further version of FIREFOX. I don't need to - I already have 60.7.2 ESR. This is totally tiresome so I will never know this add-on called COLOR. Pity for the author isn't it. Wake up MOZILLA !