- by P Drummond, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Facebook doesn't work properly with firedrag 2.0.0. Also does not work with local links in local web page.
... 3 years later and it kills Facebook Messenger in Windows 10 home.
- by Firefox user 13574928, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works sometimes. After firefox started, it doesn't work. I have to open preference of extension and change something (just like poking it to wake it up). After that, it works.
- by JMJimmy, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Fails in many situations including major ones like Facebook and Twitter. Even here on mozilla.org it fails to operate correctly on some elements.
The other major issue it has is that it continues to operate inside textareas so that reordering text/links with the mouse results in a search/link opening. In the default situation it blocks the text from being moved as well so it's actually breaking the expected behaviour.
On the plus side it restored my tab opening preferences for the most part. The ordering of tabs is backwards though so if you drag multiple links the order is Last->First when intuitively it should be First->Last
- by timtak, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Yes! I am using it as a replacement for QuickDrag on Firefox 57. I also thought that it did not work till I changed the minimum drag distance to 10 on the advice of Anonymous user 96ab79. I have google search links opened in background tabs at the last (right) position. It is a shame that escape does not cancel a drag as it did in quick drag. However, I don't think (or did not realise) that QuickDrag had an option to prevent the default behaviour of opening dragged links as links rather than text search. In this FireDrag you can "Ignore Selected Text if Dragging a Hyperlink" and turning this to off (the opposite of what I would have thought!) prevents links being opened ignoring the link, but simply searches Google for the text you are dragging. Great.
- by Nartren, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works fine for me.
The only minor "irritation" is usage of 81KB library just to show several basic form fields. But it's part of options screen and hopefully does not have any effect anywhere else.