- by Nartren, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works fine for me.
The only minor "irritation" is usage of 81KB library just to show several basic form fields. But it's part of options screen and hopefully does not have any effect anywhere else.
- by Defcon2, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Unfortunately, when you have the StumbleUpon-bar installed and active, this extension does not work. Probably because all browsing is done through stumbleupon.com
- by Firefox user 13453013, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5suggested as a replacement for QuickDrag (which was killed by Quantum), and does a decent job at that. i originally thought it didn't work, but you need to change the dragging distance to like "10" to make it behave like QuickDrag. there are other controls as well to tweak to be more like QuickDrag which are nice. i am happy with FireDrag now, thanks!
EDIT: dropped a star or two because it breaks Facebook. with this add-on enabled facebook threads suddenly close and you can't open the messenger at all. it's been many months now without a fix, so hopefully one day the two will get along. until then i keep using quickdrag because it's SO useful, especially compared to facebook which is pointless and mostly dumb.
- by Firefox user 13439256, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Simply not working- only when i drag the text to the upper-right search bar.
Last night i was perfectly happy with the QuickDrag extension, today the Quantum update banish it to the Legacy (uncompatible) section, and recommended the FireDrag. And FireDrag didn't work. Thank you, Firefox, great work!
- by kurish, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5FireDrag 2.0.0 (Oct 27, 2017) is not ready for prime time.
Showstopper: It simply fails to work at all on some pages.
Major shortcoming: Limited to pre-defined search engines
Annoyance: Settings dropdown for "New Tab Position" is non-functional.
Using Firefox 56.0.2 64-bit on Windows.
The search continues for a decent drag extension compatible w/FFox 57.
- by Xi, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5The option put new tab on the right of current tab seems do not work on my FF 56.
Also is there a way to make drag and drop work like right click the link and then click "open link in new tab"? This way the new tab will be treated as child tab, right now it acts like a new independent tab.