- Rated 3 out of 5i give 5 if add custom proxy in tmp containers
- Rated 1 out of 5Used to work fine. Now temporary containers goes crazy and keeps opening tabs until I shut down firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5This is the way that containers should have been implemented natively. Thanks for this add-on and the effort that you put into this.
- Rated 5 out of 5One of my must have. It makes browser so much private by isolating every websites inside their own temporary container. Just remember to not accept third party cookies. After leaving site all cookies are deleted, but you still keep your history. If you want to keep cookies from one site (eg. to keep logged in), just create persistent (normal) container for this one site and check to always open this one site in its own container. It still gonna be isolated, but cookies won't be deleted.
- Rated 5 out of 5great
- Rated 4 out of 5Cool work :-)
I'd rather have some more control of temporary container names/colours, though: when you open several temporary containers at the same time, having them only called “tmp1”, “tmp2”, etc. may be a little confusing (it's possible to change it in the preferences, but that's not really user-friendly).
I wish the toolbar button could display a small popup allowing to select the name, colour and icon for the container (pre-filled with the automatic settings). Would it be possible?
*EDIT after the answer* I thought it as an option (I presumed that was in the aims of the toolbar popup when activated, but sadly not). I agree that it should not be the default behaviour.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThanks!
Since the Add-on is about temporary containers, having the option to change name/color/icon for already opened containers might lead to the impression that they're not really temporary but permanent instead - so I'll probably not implement such a feature.
You can however long-click the new tab button, which reveals the container list and a "Manage Containers" button at the bottom, which is a quick-access to the container preferences where you could change its properties. Hope that helps.
- Rated 5 out of 5works well
- Rated 1 out of 5Confusing interface and support docs. I couldn't get it to do what I thought it was supposed to do.
- Rated 1 out of 5This useless addon reset Firefox, all my settings, customizations and addon settings wiped out. I had a pop-up from the addon about some error that it needed to do something and restart firefox and after that all my settings were lost.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoSorry to hear that. Please note that Add-ons don't have the power (in terms of API access) to reset your Firefox / other Add-on Settings. So in your case something went wrong on Firefox's side and you might want to report that to bugzilla.mozilla.org instead. The error message is only shown if the Addon is unable to initialize correctly or access the storage, which only happens if Firefox fails somehow. I hope you have a profile backup. Best regards.
- Rated 2 out of 5Not good as Private Tab because what I search in this Temporary Containers was collected in browser history.
Edit: Found setting to auto delete history but still not good enough because what I type in "fill box" like tab or google search box is still there
Developer responseposted 5 months agoSorry it doesn't meet your needs. Please note that Temporary Containers does not support "Private Tabs" because the needed Firefox APIs are not available to provide that feature - hence there's no mention in the TC description saying you're able to open "Private Tabs". If Firefox implements the needed APIs, I'll look into adding that feature.
- Rated 5 out of 5very useful when you have to verify several different sessions in the same time. One improvement I would like would be the possibility the change the color for each tab / session to avoid mistakes.
- Rated 5 out of 5Вместе с Firefox Multi-Account Containers (https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers) образует мощную систему контейнерной изоляций сайтов. Действительно классная вещь.
- Rated 5 out of 5One of the must to have addon ever.
Automatic mode is perfect just activate it and forget everything else.
Only one thing It should add all same domain & subdomain in the same container seems logic for me no ?