- Rated 5 out of 5Very handy - a good replacement for Private Tab, and also comes with some nice customization options. It's also open source, unlike Containers On The Go.
- Rated 5 out of 5Very cool!
One minor issue, though: in right click menu "Open Link in New (Container) Tab" option "No container" does not work, link is still opened in temporary container.
Also, it would be nice to have an option to open external links in temporary container with regular left click (without Ctrl).
Thanks for this addon!
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThanks!
Unfortunately it's not possible to open Links in "No Container" in "Automatic Mode" using the right click context menu (or at all at this point). I have to look into that more and see if it's possible from a technical standpoint - if it is, I'll fix it. Additionally a keyboard shortcut for opening "No Container" Tabs is planned too.
I will add opening external links (domain not matching) with only left click as a preference - but you should keep in mind that some sites use an outgoing tracker (e.g. google) on the same domain and hence such clicks would not be opened in a new Temporary Container.
Edit (2. Dec 2017):
It's now possible to use the RightClick ContextMenu on a Link "Open Link in New Container Tab" > "No Container"
Edit (8. Feb 2018):
Took longer than anticipated - but since version 0.34 there's also the possibility to configure regular left clicks to open temporary containers
- Rated 5 out of 5Great addon, makes managing temp containers effortless. I especially love the way the new tab button now opens new containers, it makes it a decent replacement for private tab!
Suggestions that would make it even better:
- Random container colours.
- Custom prefix names for containers (Maybe I think TempContainer23 is a little long).
- Hotkey to override new container when I click on the "New window" option in the menu.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHappy you like it!
Option for customizing Container-Colors and -Names should be no problem, gonna implement that together with the Preferences-Feature for the Add-on.
If I understand you correctly regarding the Hotkey, you mean a Hotkey that opens a "New Window" without a Container. If that's the case, then yes, support for opening Tabs/Windows without a Container is also planned.
Edit (27. Nov 2017):
Preferences for configuring of Container-NamePrefix, -Color and -Icon is now available. Default NamePrefix changed to "tmp".
For now the only way to have "No Container"-Tabs is to deactivate the "Automatic Mode" in the Preferences.
Edit (2. Dec 2017):
There are now Keyboard Shortcuts to open "No Container" Tabs even in "Automatic Mode": Alt+N (New Tab) and Shift+Alt+C (New Window)