- by User, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5IT WORKS! THANK YOU!
=== Previous review ====
CAN'T INSTALL IT ON TOR BROWSER!
1. I have DISABLED permanent private browsing mode (browser.privatebrowsing.autostart = false).
2. I have INSTALLED Multi-Accounts Containers Add-on and it works FINE!
3. The problem is: I can't INSTALL your Add-on, not RUN it! Error message: "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt". So, this is YOUR problem, not Tor's! Please, fix it!
https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/installation-aborted-because-the-add-on-appears-to-be-corrupt/43045You'd have to switch `extensions.allowPrivateBrowsingByDefault` to `false` in `about:config` too to make it work. Details: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1600423
- by Dan, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5A nicely done addon that comes closest to infocatcher’s private tab. I’ve set it to automatically delete cookies and history when the tab closes and that’s exactly what I wanted. A few more options would be nice, like hidng the address bar icon completely (had to use userChrome.css for that) but otherwise quite pleased.
- by Firefox user 15149992, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome extension but doesn't work on Tor :((( Please fix!Thanks!
Tor Browser runs in permanent private browsing mode and the Firefox Container feature isn't available in Private Browsing - nothing I can fix, unfortunately. However, you could disable that in the Tor Browser settings under "History" and switch "extensions.allowPrivateBrowsingByDefault" to "false" in "about:config" to make it work, which isn't recommended.
- by jackinloadup, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love this addon. This is fantastic not only for privacy/security for everyday use but also great for testing sites while doing development. It becomes really easy to be logged into all the different types of users in a website at the same time and see the interaction.
- by tel, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The add-on seems to cause some issues when trying to open a page in Private mode.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Enable the addon
2. Try to open a page in Private mode
3. Result - nothing happens
4. Expected results - a page to be loaded as usual
5. Disable the addon
6. Everything works as expected
It doesn't matter which page I am trying to load.
This behavior is since probably a a few weeks or so (not sure as private mode is usually not used). Nothing was change in the addon settings.
OS: Debian Testing (Bullseye)
FF: 68.2.0esr (64-bit)
Temporary Containers: v. 1.7Containers aren't supported in Private Windows. Before version 1.7 TC manually disabled itself in Private Windows, with version 1.7 it now relies on the Firefox Manifest "incognito: not_allowed" so it doesn't run at all in Private Windows. If you experience problems with pages loading in Private Windows while TC is active, I'd encourage you to report it to bugzilla.mozilla.org.
Might want to try in a fresh profile (about:profiles) as well, to make sure it isn't a custom configuration influencing the behavior, like also happened here: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues/331
- by Firefox user 14710537, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Finally! A way to handle all the cookies, tracking, and other privacy bull pux! If you don't know how to setup containers, google or ask someone. Fortunately my really smart son feels the same about all the privacy issues and helps me! Your INTERNET provider collects ALL your data and sells it to multiple marketing companies, Homeland Security, & a plethora of other evil 3-letter .gov agencies! Just say NO to Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc monitoring ALL your browsing activity!
- by Alinivar, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Terrific add-on, lets me essentially open mostly private tabs in a normal session. Would be nice if it had its own cookie blocking settings as well, all third party cookies being an example.