- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14540541, 5 years agoThank you so much for this! No more clickbait garbage on YouTube! Two suggestions I'd to give is one:
Add the ability to blacklist words, tags, etc so that way you won't have to see any specific video "recommended" by YouTube, rather than blacklisting all videos on a video you're watching. That way, say you're watching a video relating to your favorite franchise, you won't have to see garbage rants about it like "why this movie makes no sense" and etc.
And two: An ability to get suggested videos from a channel you're watching only, rather "related" videos from other "YouTubers". Like if you're watching videos from your favorite YouTuber, you only get videos from said YouTuber and no other YouTubers' videos from the suggestions section next to the video. Other than that, thank you again for making this awesome add-on! 5 stars!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14483391, 5 years agoThe developer has done a great job. The Youtube irrelevant suggestions are over. The only little glitch is that you can't comment on any video so that would be great to have this option that you can check or uncheck as you wish. Except that, it's working great
- Rated 3 out of 5by RicoX73, 5 years agoEDIT: This add-on is now interfering with the comments section, i can no longer see comments...
Thank you so much for this addon. You've had me relieve from the constant mess of continuous prying recommended videos
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14348317, 5 years agoI'm so enormously happy to see white where the fucking annoying youtube "suggestions" were. Good riddance! After too many times being annoyed by irrelevant content I decided to act on this brain damage. In fact, it's worse than irrelevant: the "suggestions" are junk food for my brain, everyday. It hurst, the stupidity. Before installing this extension, as a test I deleted all cookies that contained "youtube" or "google" in its name, and logged out of the google account. Then I looked for some topics that interest me, like science, or music. Well, 50% of everything I got was promoted rubbish just because it's new, no regard whatsoever on quality, or trajectory; just new content! hell yeah!. On the science front things were worse, with 50% of all results being pseudoscience, or the crap that has to start with a number like "15 things you don't know about ... and that will blow your mind". Some arrogance there, free with your order! I reject this empire of idiocy that is google, so I'm extremely happy that the "suggestions" are gone. I'll NEVER go to youtube again without extensions/scripts that block the bullshit. It's fantastic, getting the internet the way I want it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13788809, 5 years agoIt works great, thanks a lot. Also, can I suggest a feature? Maybe add the ability to turn off recommended videos after the current video ends (the 9 videos which appear on the player).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14175442, 5 years agoUPD4. my bad, sorry! When "homepage" checkbox is active, then homepage is just "blank". I'd like to have updates of my channels, and no "suggestions". Not to remove everything.Oh no! I’d like to fix that. Do you mind telling me your OS and Firefox version?
edit: hmm I can't reproduce it. Is there anything unusual about your setup?
edit2: that's the intention of this addon
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13310655, 5 years agoThis add-on is without doubt excellent - and highly improved after the new option to only turn off suggestions on the homepage!! You have truly made YouTube great again with the removal of annoying clickbait-videos! Thank you for listening to my tip :) The five stars are well deserved.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14142952, 5 years agoWorks perfectly. Since YouTube updated their design, hiding recommendations has become more difficult to do with things like uBlock Origin. This script is simple and has no side-effects. Good job.