Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by WaveOfWaves, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Fantastic idea for an add-on! I totally recommend this.
Bugs/Issues I found (Version 3.1.1, Firefox Windows 10 ver. 71.0):
- suggestions/comments still show if a video is accessed from outside of youtube (google, whatsapp, pasting link, etc.)
- suggestions/comments still show if a video page is refreshed (e.g. to fix buffering), or accessed by pressing the previous/next page buttons
- suggestions/comments still show if a video page is accessed via the suggestions side-bar (that shows up because of the above points)
- once suggestions/comments show (while blocked), they won't disappear until you close all youtube tabs, and access the site again from the homepage.
- Have an option to disable youtube autoplay as well (as it's another distraction)
- by Boonkers, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice. Works fine for me. Thx to author. One wish: keep it update cause Google (which become a very bad ugly company and totally lost respect among a lot of users) continues tries to breach personal boundaries enforcing people to watch content which they don't want.
- by Firefox user 15088918, a year agoRated 4 out of 5No longer works, it will block user uploaded videos but movies are now showing up on the sidebar. It's a good extension, but it just needs that bug fixed to be perfect.
- by Firefox user 14773823, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Was looking for this feature for so long. Youtube recommendations are just disctracting so much, now they are finally gone! Super must to have Addon.
- by Andre Bell, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I would like to report this add on. For being awesome!!! Works perfectly to eliminate sidebar 'suggested' videos. Theater mode wasn't cutting it. The distracting suggestions would still show up esp if/when the controls mysteriously vanished in theater mode and had to revert to normal mode...thus seeing the rabbit hole distractions again. So far so good. Thx
UPDATE: AdBlocker Ultimate breaks this add-on. Just an FYI in case anyone using AU says this add-on doesn't work
- by Firefox user 13495050, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for this!
Youtube suggestions are more than likely unrelated to the video or videos you're watching. It's especially bad if you clear out your browser often, like every time you close it. I finally had enough and searched for an extension like this, and here it is!
I don't think there are others like this, at least not the last time I checked AMO.