Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by soupcant, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on makes browsing YouTube much more peaceful and enjoyable!
Is there anything I can do about homepage videos briefly reappearing when I click a link to navigate to another page? E.g. when I am on the YouTube homepage and I click the link to view my Subscriptions, the homepage's suggested videos become visible again while the Subscriptions page loads.
- by uneliasmarsu, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Coming from chrome i was scared this wasn't going to be as well maintained on Firefox, but so far it has been working flawlessly! However, on a portrait monitor while hiding the recommendations the player doesn't scale well when switching out of theater mode.
- by trav, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5works amazing on macos. Does not work on KDE neon 5.18 (linux distro). EDIT: I no longer use this distro so I can't test, all good on Elementary now :) Great add-on, brilliant
- by Firefox user 12985410, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work in waterfox. The YT main page attempts to load an infinite number of videos to fill up the empty space, which is a problem I also ran into when trying to use ublock origin and blocktube to block videos on the main page - YT just replaces the blocked videos with new ones until all the empty spots are filled.
In the case of this add-on & YT's main page, both sides refuse to budge, so the browser gets stuck in a runaway loop of trying to load videos that will never appear, which freezes all tabs in your browser until you take matters into your own hands with task manager.
I'll update this review accordingly if this major issue is fixed in waterfox.
- by WaveOfWaves, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Fantastic idea for an add-on! I totally recommend this.
Bugs/Issues I found (Version 3.1.1, Firefox Windows 10 ver. 71.0):
- suggestions/comments still show if a video is accessed from outside of youtube (google, whatsapp, pasting link, etc.)
- suggestions/comments still show if a video page is refreshed (e.g. to fix buffering), or accessed by pressing the previous/next page buttons
- suggestions/comments still show if a video page is accessed via the suggestions side-bar (that shows up because of the above points)
- once suggestions/comments show (while blocked), they won't disappear until you close all youtube tabs, and access the site again from the homepage.
- Have an option to disable youtube autoplay as well (as it's another distraction)
- by Boonkers, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice. Works fine for me. Thx to author. One wish: keep it update cause Google (which become a very bad ugly company and totally lost respect among a lot of users) continues tries to breach personal boundaries enforcing people to watch content which they don't want.
- by Firefox user 15088918, a year agoRated 4 out of 5No longer works, it will block user uploaded videos but movies are now showing up on the sidebar. It's a good extension, but it just needs that bug fixed to be perfect.
- by Firefox user 14773823, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Was looking for this feature for so long. Youtube recommendations are just disctracting so much, now they are finally gone! Super must to have Addon.