- by Firefox user 14348317, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm so enormously happy to see white where the fucking annoying youtube "suggestions" were. Good riddance! After too many times being annoyed by irrelevant content I decided to act on this brain damage. In fact, it's worse than irrelevant: the "suggestions" are junk food for my brain, everyday. It hurst, the stupidity. Before installing this extension, as a test I deleted all cookies that contained "youtube" or "google" in its name, and logged out of the google account. Then I looked for some topics that interest me, like science, or music. Well, 50% of everything I got was promoted rubbish just because it's new, no regard whatsoever on quality, or trajectory; just new content! hell yeah!. On the science front things were worse, with 50% of all results being pseudoscience, or the crap that has to start with a number like "15 things you don't know about ... and that will blow your mind". Some arrogance there, free with your order! I reject this empire of idiocy that is google, so I'm extremely happy that the "suggestions" are gone. I'll NEVER go to youtube again without extensions/scripts that block the bullshit. It's fantastic, getting the internet the way I want it.
- by Firefox user 13788809, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It works great, thanks a lot. Also, can I suggest a feature? Maybe add the ability to turn off recommended videos after the current video ends (the 9 videos which appear on the player).
- by Firefox user 14321030, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Definetely the best one out there. Only two problems with it: The homepage suggestions still appear for a few seconds before it's blocked; and with suggestions removed, the autoplay button also disappears, so I have no control on that.Thanks for the tip, the updated version (1.2.2) should bring back the autoplay button. I'm finding it harder to fix the few seconds where the homepage suggestions appear but I'll keep looking into it.
- by Firefox user 14175442, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5UPD4. my bad, sorry! When "homepage" checkbox is active, then homepage is just "blank". I'd like to have updates of my channels, and no "suggestions". Not to remove everything.Oh no! I’d like to fix that. Do you mind telling me your OS and Firefox version?
edit: hmm I can't reproduce it. Is there anything unusual about your setup?
edit2: that's the intention of this addon
- by Firefox user 14120459, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hi ! Great extension. Could you make an update to choose to disable the recommendation of the frontpage only ? Thanks !
Edit: omg this is perfect, thank you so much !Thanks for the review! There's a preference page for this extension (can be found if you type "about:addons" in the address bar) where you can choose which recommendations to enable/disable. Let me know if it doesn't work.
- by Firefox user 13310655, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is without doubt excellent - and highly improved after the new option to only turn off suggestions on the homepage!! You have truly made YouTube great again with the removal of annoying clickbait-videos! Thank you for listening to my tip :) The five stars are well deserved.
- by Firefox user 14142952, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly. Since YouTube updated their design, hiding recommendations has become more difficult to do with things like uBlock Origin. This script is simple and has no side-effects. Good job.