- by infonutt, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you, THANK YOU!! for taking the time to update this much beloved extension in the new FF! I so appreciate that you took the time to rework all the programing!
THANK YOU! LOVE this extension!
- by johnro6659, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The new version of ColorfulTabs shuts off my themes it didn't in the past but when it updated several months ago it just messed with Firefox theme, I had to disable it in order to get more than a white border at the top of my browser page. No way to contact anyone for a fix I tried all the online suggestions but nothing works. I guess it's time to remove it altogether until they figure out how to make it work properly. Months ago I would have given it 4 stars but now it gets one.
- by Firefox user 14202745, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5organiza todas as abas em cores. abre uma barra lateral esquerda com cada aba em forma de arvora de diretórios e cada uma com a respectiva cor, sensacional
- by Firefox user 14144579, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5All of the tabs were different colors in the "good old days." But not now. Only the currently used tab is colored as well as the entire top of the window. ColorfulTabs has not worked since the advent of Firefox 57.
- by Firefox user 14137135, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I loved this "pre-57+". Now, installing it somehow messes with themes, and blanks the menu, the colors bleed into all tabs, instead of being on single tabs, and as of the "latest" Firefox version, this was the one, and only one, addon I disabled to stop the browser going spastic at random. What do I mean by spastic? Well, basically, when clicking on a tab, with several open, Firefox randomly "lost track" of which tab is was on, and kept flipping through them, either between two different tabs, the one that was open before, or the new one, or, if I tried to then click more, through each one of them, rapidly, cycling over and over, with no way to stop them, short of closing all but one tab, or killing the browser.
Its like, it tried to update the color on all tabs, but something in the way the new version of FF works causes it to "only" update each one if "currently visible", so trying to do so causes them to cycle through every tab you try to click on. Very, very odd.. Can't recommend this one any more, even if this issue is fixed, because it hasn't behaved as originally intended for many FF versions now. And maybe, due to changes in the browser itself, can't, like so many others that where once wonderful addons, or practically a necessity (Tab Mix, for example).
- by Firefox user 13428860, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I got a notice about updating Colorful Notes and thought it would bring back the original experience, but although it appears to be making progress toward that and brought up a *side bar* with all the open tabs shown in different colors, alas! the top of my browser where the tabs all appear in a row still only colors the current tab along with my bookmarks toolbar. All the rest of the tabs remain white. Is there something--other than installing the new Colorful Tabs--that I need to do to get the desired effect?
Needless to say, the value of the original way all the tabs had their own colors was more useful (not to mention, attractive, which is important to me). I really appreciate the creator's efforts and hope he will continue them and get back to what we once had. But I realize that the programming underlying Quantum is so different from that of the previous FireFox that it may be a hard (hopefully, not impossible) task.
Meanwhile, I'm with "Piecevcake".
- by FirefoxUser72345, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I love this add on but it is USELESS in FF57 onwards, I will give 5* when you make it work properly in >57
When I tried in 57 it coloured the whole of top of screen not just the tab, made it useless.
The other thing I use this for is nice straight tabs not those crappy onces FF copied from Chrome.
I have kept my Firefox at 56.02, the last edition where this works with V30.02 as advised by others below (GREAT SUGGESTION)
It is one of three add-ons whose utility is worth more to me than FF57 Quantum.
So PLEASE developer, get it working with 57 or explain why you can't on your description
- by Threesom666, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5My second Favorite Tab Add-On. FF could be so boring. With this add-on it brings it to life making that much more enjoyable. I love all its added tweaks and customization options. Great very enjoyable Add-On.
- by swingwolf, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Marche avec Quantum mais désactive automatiquement tout thème. Il faut donc choisir entre un thème pour le panneau Firefox ou Colorfultabs. Personnellement j'ai désactivé Colorfultabs car je déteste le bandeau blanc au dessus des tabs de Firefox.
- by Firefox user 14089851, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Früher super, jetzt leider nicht mehr zu gebrauchen. Nur das Tab in Farbe, das aktiv ist. Screenshot passt nicht zu Firefox Quantum. Es wird auch die Lesezeichen-Symbolleiste eingefärbt, was noch mehr verwirrt. (Firefox 60.0.2)
- by piecevcake, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Come on Shivanand Sharma, we have been waiting a long time for you to get your wonderful extension working! EDIT - I see you have been updating... some progress has been made but I am disabling it again - it is pretty but it does not do what I need, and can't use it with Tree tabs.
1. it colours tabs by domain, and lists them vertically in sidebar (I think, or tree tabs does). But tree tabs does that and far more by using trees, groups etc. (Interestingly it doesnt colour top tabs - I don't use them anyway - I would like them gone!)
1. no option to colour only selected tabs like the legacy version did, leaving the rest as default (main use=colour code to mark tabs - often from the SAME domain if shopping - good/bad/hot/warm/cold/todo/tosave etc).
2. Has it's own sidebar so tree tabs sidebar tabs are not coloured, and trees, folders and groups are gone = doesnt work with tree tabs, like the legacy version did.
3. privacy concerns unanswered by dev.
4. no response at all from dev.
Can you forget the RANDOM colouring of all tabs (which is of no interest to most users who just want to highlight particular tabs) and please, pretty please, just fix your extension to permanently colour selected individual tabs (whether active or inactive)?
If RENAMING selected tabs is possible, surely COLOURING them is also possible? (See Tab ReTitle as an example)
We love you - please come back!
Can I suggest you help us to lobby for bug fixes/APIs you need, like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus-webextension/?src=search
- by Firefoss, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5First he took the donation and then he removed all the source code.
As of today, nobody knows what this addon actually does to your computer, and Mozilla says that this addon:
- Access your data for all websites
- Access browser tabs