- von Rinux, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenAs stated before, settings dialog showing up at every start is ANNOYING. Yes, I clear my history and cookies on exit but this is the only add-on that does that.
- von ImdaPrincesse, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSays it's installed on my Android device but I can't do anything in the settings. I've used it on my laptop for ages and I was hoping it'd function on my phone... I was wrong.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13691733, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks very well. Provides a function one would think would be built into the browser. A recent update is asking for access to my browsing history, however, which is a little creepy. Don't understand how this would be necessary or enhance the extension's functionality. Would love an explanation. Until then, I've just refused the update.That's because there's an option to sort based on the last time a bookmark was accessed and this requires access to the browsing history. I'm not collecting this information.
- von Will, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis 3.2 version is now working much better with the exclude Folder option! However, the options page reappears every time the cookies are cleaned/deleted. Strange that settings are stored in a cookie when there is a dedicated Extensions storage defined for Firefox ...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13668330, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWould be 5 star but why does it need the access my browsing history?
Without accepting this I can not update the add-on.That's because there's an option to sort based on the last time a bookmark was accessed and this requires access to the browsing history. I'm not collecting this information.
- von BD3, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThanks so much for adding the Exclude Folder option! Been waiting for that before I installed the extension. Now that I have installed the extension, the Options page now is opening up in a new tab with EVERY launch of Firefox (latest version, BTW) and the Options settings also are being reverted back to their default settings! These are major issues that must be fixed before I can re enable the extension.
- von Firefoss, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenEDIT: it does not work on firefox 76.
I will not change my rating for now.
It seems to be working great.
It requires some permissions, but nothing worrying.
Thanks for your work :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12306220, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis add-on has served me well. I never liked the way Firefox adds bookmarks to the bottom of folders, rather than the top, by default. When saving links to forum threads, usually the most recent are the most relevant, so I like those to appear at the top, so each time I would have to go in and drag the bookmark all the way to the top, often involving scrolling. This add-on has made it possible to get my bookmarks sorted the way I want automatically.
I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the latest update (which seems to have taken place yesterday) which has resulted in all my bookmarks and folders getting sorted alphabetically. The worst part is that the bookmark separators have all been moved to the top, so now it's going to be a huge load of work getting it all to look the way it was. I understand this is freeware and I'm glad the developer has no intention of causing anyone problems, but I'm rather disappointed that this update has not been fully tested before releasing it.
As usually, spilling wine on the sofa takes half a second; cleaning up can take hours.
Firefox is partly to blame, because this add-on worked flawlessly for a long time but then it got marked as 'legacy' following a recent Firefox update, thus forcing the developer to rewrite the code. This problem may never have happened if the code didn't have to be re-written.
I'm giving it 4 stars to encourage the developer to continue working on it. We appreciate your efforts, now please fix this update! :)There was testing, but it was cut short due to a slightly earlier than expected release of Firefox 57 (Quantum), so I rushed it to get just alphabetical sorting out in 3.0. I didn't realize how many people relied on the "excluded folders" feature (I don't use it myself so it wasn't a problem for me). I'm working on an update, so check the GitHub site for the latest status. Also, don't forget to make backups of your bookmarks.
- von tahmanddse, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenone star for remove Exclude folders function
one star for Auto enable, sort(F#@k) all my bookmarks
Can I give it less than this?
- von Dan Moorehead | PowerAccess (PowerAccess.net), vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenPeriodically Auto-Start gets re-enabled without any kind of notice - despite my always disabling and saving settings.
Not only does this mess up bookmarks, but it locks up Firefox for what had appeared to be an unknown reason (took a while to pinpoint) during every browsing session, freezing it for as 10min (possibly longer) with me 30,000+ bookmarks.
Please FIX so that Auto-Sort doesn't keep getting re-enabled.
Until that critical issue is fixed, I will be using (and suggest others use):
Also, it seems like there are settings left over in about:config, which are ignored. Please auto-delete these as they end up being confusing and seemingly broken.
It seems like this might occur whenever extension is updated (though not sure)?
Also please add support for the following features (critical for me to be able to use):
1) Add option to sort a specific bookmark folder on-demand (via context menu for Bookmarks Toolbar and/or Manager) - (this may remove or reduce need for more complex exclude folders option for some - and is the only way I would end up using this anymore)
2) Add Options to Exclude folders (child bookmarks and optionally subfolders under it - eg. so bookmarks directly under Bookmarks Toolbar don't get sorted, just a few specific folders (usually recursively).The next version will disable auto-sort by default. The "about:config" settings are not used. You can just manually delete them. I don't think there is an API to remove them under the WebExtensions API, but I'll check.
1) You don't need any add-on to sort a specific folder. Firefox already does this.
2) Yes, I'm working on the "Exclude Folders" option, but it requires a re-write due to Mozilla removing the bookmark tag feature under WebExtensions.
- von firebox666, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis version is a disaster, do not install until this thing gets some testing.
- Defaulted to Auto Sort after update. The First Rule of Extension Club is - Don't default something on, especially when it's buggy as hell.
- Missing functionality present in previous version - The Second Rule of Extension Club - don't default something on when it has less functionality
- It is completely confused about separators, these are just ending up wherever.
Looks like you took this over from the original developer. Good for you, but you would have been better off changing the name and not misleading people as to what they're getting. I have a lot of bookmarks, and they are synced across multiple browsers with Xmarks, so this thing screwing the pooch resulted in me spending a good hour getting things sorted (no pun intended), which I eventually rectified by reloading the last 2.x version (which actually works).
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but learn to beta. If I load some half-tested or untested garbage that I know is beta, that's on me. You unleashing it on thousands of people without their knowledge, that's on you.Next version will disable auto-sort by default. I did release betas of 3.0, so I expect you to help test the next update on the GitHub site: https://github.com/eric-bixby/auto-sort-bookmarks-webext
Keep in mind this is an open-source product that I do in my spare time and not Fight Club. We all need to contribute, so you can do that by helping test it and not expect others to do it for you.
- von Sillypsybin, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenStill has some issues. At first I thought this worked perfectly after the update, sorting by date added. But then when I came back to my bookmarks later, the order was scrambled. I played around with settings and results were varied. Sometimes I could get it to re-sort by date added, sometimes not. But always, the order would re-arrange itself over time.
- von CSD Projects, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWas great until the latest update which removed exclude-folders causing it to switch to defaults and sort ALL my bookmarks, so they are completely messed up now.
The addon should NOT have remained enabled if functionality was removed that would cause a behavior change without the users permission. Better it remain broken/none functional than suddenly sort everyones bookmarks in a way they did not want. Very unimpressed.