- von pgchase, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI would give it a 5 but the update over-rode my previous configuration settings, and I had to do them all over again. Arrrgghh.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13691733, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks very well. Provides a function one would think would be built into the browser. A recent update is asking for access to my browsing history, however, which is a little creepy. Don't understand how this would be necessary or enhance the extension's functionality. Would love an explanation. Until then, I've just refused the update.That's because there's an option to sort based on the last time a bookmark was accessed and this requires access to the browsing history. I'm not collecting this information.
- von Will, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis 3.2 version is now working much better with the exclude Folder option! However, the options page reappears every time the cookies are cleaned/deleted. Strange that settings are stored in a cookie when there is a dedicated Extensions storage defined for Firefox ...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13668330, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWould be 5 star but why does it need the access my browsing history?
Without accepting this I can not update the add-on.That's because there's an option to sort based on the last time a bookmark was accessed and this requires access to the browsing history. I'm not collecting this information.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12306220, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis add-on has served me well. I never liked the way Firefox adds bookmarks to the bottom of folders, rather than the top, by default. When saving links to forum threads, usually the most recent are the most relevant, so I like those to appear at the top, so each time I would have to go in and drag the bookmark all the way to the top, often involving scrolling. This add-on has made it possible to get my bookmarks sorted the way I want automatically.
I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the latest update (which seems to have taken place yesterday) which has resulted in all my bookmarks and folders getting sorted alphabetically. The worst part is that the bookmark separators have all been moved to the top, so now it's going to be a huge load of work getting it all to look the way it was. I understand this is freeware and I'm glad the developer has no intention of causing anyone problems, but I'm rather disappointed that this update has not been fully tested before releasing it.
As usually, spilling wine on the sofa takes half a second; cleaning up can take hours.
Firefox is partly to blame, because this add-on worked flawlessly for a long time but then it got marked as 'legacy' following a recent Firefox update, thus forcing the developer to rewrite the code. This problem may never have happened if the code didn't have to be re-written.
I'm giving it 4 stars to encourage the developer to continue working on it. We appreciate your efforts, now please fix this update! :)
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenThere was testing, but it was cut short due to a slightly earlier than expected release of Firefox 57 (Quantum), so I rushed it to get just alphabetical sorting out in 3.0. I didn't realize how many people relied on the "excluded folders" feature (I don't use it myself so it wasn't a problem for me). I'm working on an update, so check the GitHub site for the latest status. Also, don't forget to make backups of your bookmarks.
- von Sillypsybin, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenStill has some issues. At first I thought this worked perfectly after the update, sorting by date added. But then when I came back to my bookmarks later, the order was scrambled. I played around with settings and results were varied. Sometimes I could get it to re-sort by date added, sometimes not. But always, the order would re-arrange itself over time.