- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17144797, vor 10 MonatenI've used 1Password on Mac for years. It's not perfect, but it does exactly what it needs to do, and the ability to separate work and personal vaults is extra helpful. If you're going to pay for any software subscription, it should be a password manager.Hey there!
Thank you for the kind review, much appreciated.
We’re glad to hear you’re finding 1Password so helpful and worthy. We hope to keep delighting your experience as we push 1Password forward and keep adding features and improvements :)
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon markus, vor 10 MonatenNew Firefox Browser PlugIn don't work correctly. Don't find my passwords. I don't need new Browser PlugIn – I just need the correct Password. It was a good program until yesterday. As of today it's unfortunately bullshit. Hope there is a downgrade soonHey markus,
1Password in the browser works directly with your 1Password.com account and the vaults within it. If you still have local/standalone vaults in the desktop app, their content will not show up in this extension.
There are two routes to choose from here:
- You can migrate your local vault(s) into your 1Password.com account, which will solve the issue.
- You can revert back to the 1Password Classic extension that still works with standalone vaults.
We’d love to help you and guide you with these options, so feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll get you up and running in no time.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Jesse111, vor 10 Monaten2019 Macbook Pro w/Moterey. 1Password extension installs but does not work. Been using 1Password on Safari and Firefox for over a decade no problems ever until Monterey. Tried refresh, standard security but nothing works. The icon is there but when opened, a screen pops up with a blue "Open 1Password" button that doesn't respond.
***update*** 1Password contacted me a few days after I posted this offering to help. Working on the solution now. Will post another update when resolved. 5 stars for service.
*** Update*** My bad. Accidentally installed the subscription extension instead of the Classic version. All good.Hey there Jesse111,
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles getting the extension to work. It sounds like there’s an issue with the connection between the extension and the 1Password desktop app on your computer.
We’d love to help you troubleshoot this, please email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you up and running as soon as possible. :)
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon leilabd, vor einem JahrHave just reverted to the classic extension for Firefox 94.0.1 on Windows 10 21H1. I just can't get the form fill to work using this extension. For an example go to the Thunderbird donation site (https://give.thunderbird.net/en-GB/card/single/?source_page_id=51¤cy=gbp&amount=10) and try to get it to fill your credit card details in, hopeless. The classic extension just does it.Hey leilabd,
We’ve tested the link you sent here and 1Password seems to be autofilling things quite well. You do need to autofill the first part of the page (personal details) with an identity item, and the 2nd part of the page (payment details) with a credit card item, but it all fills out as it should.
If you’re still encountering this issue or if you’d like to troubleshoot it to be able to enjoy 1Password in the browser instead of 1Password Classic, please email us to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you, getting your credit cards and identity items to autofill perfectly on this website and any other website you experienced problems with.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The 1Password team.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon cadet_93, vor einem Jahrthe best password manager I've ever used till date
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 16894705, vor einem JahrIt's great! Tho one bummer is that the extension is a huge memory hog on my computer. Devs, I challenge you to get it down to 40MB!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon jvalenti370, vor einem JahrI have been using 1password for three years. I have found it to be reliable and easy to use. I recommend 1password to my clients, my friends and my family.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15067927, vor einem JahrI've used 1Password from the beginning and I've always loved the program. It's saved so much headache from trying to remember hundreds of passwords.
That said, I hate this new extension. It's always covering up fields, I have to log in to the extension itself which means I can't use TouchID on my Mac, and it's just a major friction point that didn't used to be there. The classic extension isn't perfect, but it's still a lot better than this one.Hey there,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
You can tone down the extension’s suggestions menu by right-clicking the extension’s icon in your browser’s toolbar and selecting “Settings”, then turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus” option.
That’ll prevent 1Password from popping up on its own in fields.
As for Touch ID - that should definitely work. If it doesn’t, then there’s a connection issue between the extension and your desktop app, which we can troubleshoot!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you get this working :)
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15703144, vor einem Jahr1Password is a fantastic app in virtually all aspects (it's my favourite Mac app). Unfortunately, though, its Firefox extension gives me endless hassles whenever there is a 1Password upgrade. Occasionally, I have problems with the Firefox extension for no apparent reason at all. Fortunately, I have the desktop Mac app as a fallback when this happens, it is annoying though.Hey there,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Updates should not break your experience, though we did encounter some instances where they did in the past. Usually a simple restart to your browser and the 1Password app should do the trick!
If you’re encountering this issue constantly and often, we’ll want to take a better look at your setup and see if there are any outstanding issues there that we can address to improve your experience.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com with all the details so we can investigate and help in any way we can!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17097390, vor einem JahrAs others said before, the extension (Firefox and Chrome) is close to unusable.
I have two 1PW accounts, company and private. Before the update it was no problem to have both accounts available at the same time. Since the update I have to unlock my private account every day before I can enter my passwords from there.
And Chrome does not "speak" to the 1PW app, I have to type in the password to unlock the extention in Chrome although the app is open and unlocked.
That's all very annoying and I hope they fix it soon.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’re not having a good experience with 1Password in your browser.
It sounds like the extension is having troubles connecting to your 1Password desktop app. We’d love to help you troubleshoot it!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
As for your different accounts, you can unlock them both if they have the same password. You can use the same password for both accounts because each account still has its own unique Secret Key, which is an additional layer of protection.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The 1Password team.