This extension will save automatically the content in textarea or WYSIWYG editor when user is typing. User can recover the saved texts in the cache window, even the tab or the window is closed unexpectedly.
The user will see an icon in status bar when the text is saved in the cache. Click the icon will open the cache window.
It would be useful to add the Textarea Cache button in toolbar. This button can help the user for advanced settings or to open the cache window.
For people who need password protect:
"Lazarus: Form Recovery" is your better choice. see:https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/
*** Hidden settings ***
To use hidden settings, type "about:config" in URL bar and press "Enter", then type "tacache" in the filter.
Change the size of the cache:
1. set "extensions.tacache.maxTextSaved" to a larger number (use carefully!!)
For people who want to keep saved texts longer in the cache:
1. set "extensions.tacache.clearCache" to "1"
2. set "extensions.tacache.restartClearInMin" to "-1"
Then the saved texts will be kept in the cache unless it's full.
If you want to keep saved texts for 30 days, for example:
1. set "extensions.tacache.clearCache" to "2"
2. set "extensions.tacache.clearTimeSpan" to "30"
If you do not want to clear Textarea Cache when you clear private data in the Clear Recent History window:
1. set "extensions.tacache.clearWithSanitize" to "false".