- Rated 4 out of 5by mr. sparkle, 4 months agoThe main issue I have is it only caches the text when you hit a key. Anytime there's a keystroke it saves instantly. The option "interval to save text" does not work. So if you accidentally highlight the whole comment and hit a key it'll delete everything and then boom your cache will be empty. This has happened to me a few times. I'd much rather it save using a time interval to prevent this.
Addon hasn't been updated in over 3 years so that's likely why it has issues. Still, it's better to have this than not have anything.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16321275, 6 months agoI have not relied on this much but it has saved my butt a few times and I avoided retyping everything in a text box. There have been a few places where it did not save the text but it seems to work most places. Also, as one previous 3 star review pointed out, the copied recovered text often includes a bunch of html code which is annoying. It's still better than retyping a long entry and you can delete the coding or I think you can highlight and copy the recovered text rather than using the "copy" button to avoid this problem.
- Rated 3 out of 5by McBob, a year agoAn incredible addon, and I would give it a 5 star rating but for one thing — when you open the cache tab to copy something that isn't your last inputted text, and click the copy button next to the one you want to copy, it adds unnecessary formatting HTML code to what's copied, rather than just copying only what you actually entered.
If there was a way to make copying from the Cache page, rather than the dropdown menu plain text only, I would give it 5 stars.
- Rated 5 out of 5by XerraX, 2 years agoA 'must have' addon. Works really well and saves users from a lot of annoyances due to accidental page reloads caused by pressing F5, backspace, mouse's forward/back buttons, esc, page reload clicks, auto-refreshings, page or system, electricity cut-outs, and other unfortunate happenings.
- Rated 5 out of 5by David Maisonave, 2 years agoTextarea Cache just save me from having to rewrite a feedback I spent 40 minutes writing.
The feedback form timeout, and closed the formed. It discarded all the text I entered without warning!
I screamed loudly until I remembered I had Textarea Cache installed. I was able to retrieve the text with no problem.
Thank God for Textarea Cache!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Alex, 2 years agoIt does a simple job and for me it does it good, saved me some nerves from time to time when some timeouts happen in our ticket systems (OTRS, JIRA).
Works on recent versions of FF, has a history and is slightly customizable.
It's not a lazarus but it's also not trying to. I'm happy about every wall fo text that's not lost.