- 评分 4 / 5来自 _L_，3 年前Good plugin; really nice to use with Wa, Fa and Telegram. Problems:
1) Missing shortcut to open the last webpage used in "Side View"
2) The size of the sidebar is too small and need to be increased when the plugin is installed
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Ramouz，3 年前I had high hopes for this but in its current state, I rarely use it (and just now disabled it). The limit is absurd (hardly any width).
Firefox needs a split screen mode like Vivaldi, where tabs can be split into 2/3/4 screens. Let's start with 2 for now but allow us to remain in our session and not log us out. Let the page not reload just for opening it in a split view. This actually signs you out of the website (the one in the side view). It reloads the tab when you add it to the side view. It's all over the place when it comes to websites where you're signed in.
It's really a very bad implementation and it's clear that care is not given to this add-on, which is unfortunate.
Allow us to split screen an .html file (that I open from my Desktop, which opens in Firefox) with a on-the-Internet tab.
I really want a real split screen add-on, one that also would let us resize to our heart's content and not be limited as we are now. One that displays the tab without reloading, without signing us out, without a new cookie or whatnot. Look at Vivaldi's Page Tiling and imitate that, that's all!
Edit: Use Tile Tab add-on, it's good enough for now but not like Vivaldi's implementation, which is the best.
Edit 2 Sept 2022: This broke Asana and it would get stuck at the Download Asana App rather than log me in to the task view.
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14266657，3 年前Very useful addon but better if it can bookmark the websites for open.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13467846，3 年前This works as advertised. You know how great a complement this statement is in these dark times!
I have two suggestions:
1. As practically all other folks here are demanding, the sidebar must be wider. If this is because Side View uses the built-in side view pane in Firefox, please, if at all possible, implement your own side pane and make it wider.
In case that's possible, why not more than one side panes simutaneously? Keeping two sidebars at each side would be very nice.
2. The Side View icon on the quick menu that appears at the top right corner by default. Currently its only real function is to switch between mobile/desktop view.
Please add that command in the context menus. Currently it has only one item (Open in sidebar), please change it to something like 'Open as Desktop/Mobile Site in sidebar' - so that if you click an empty space or tab, you could also choose how it will load. Then we could unclutter the quick toolbar if we choose to without sacrifice. Keeping track of sidebar-only visit history can be nice to some people, but I find it not very crucial.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 wrnr，3 年前very useful (i like it to keep the todolist or notes in sideview).
+ it would be nice to be able to drag tabs to sideview.
+ and in some cases a second (or even more) sideview can be useful, i.e. to use some columns to compare mobile views of sites or to view trello, notes, mobile site & desktop site together
- 评分 4 / 5来自 naason，3 年前I appreciate this add on for securities research although increasing to 50/50 split would make this a five star (not sure the reason with limiting the size).
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Allen Nguyen，3 年前I am excited to learn that FF has this plugin. It ease my browsing experience alot, make it so convenient. But the downside is the sideview width is so limited, or else i wouldn't have anything to complain with this addon
- 评分 3 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13874864，3 年前Works well, but could use a button to unload the current site.
Also, pls unlock the max sidebar width.
For ppl with ultrawide monitors that could be a nice alternative to multiple FF winows.
I'd change my rating to 6/5 immediately.
- 评分 3 / 5来自 josemazcorro，3 年前Cool!! I normally use two web-browser side by side... I still think is better option, but sometimes sites get really small when I squeeze the windows, so I switch to mobile view, but pitifully there is no extension to make this by tab and I have to constantly switch the views. Your extension could be a solution for me, if it just had an address bar.. hehe... but I guess other people are looking to put more info in one screen. Anyways it seem great! thanks man
- 评分 3 / 5来自 Matt GD，3 年前Great and useful addon, I just wish we could increase to 50% the width of the side view and could go back or forward on the current page as well as freely browse to different websites which are not necessarily in the current tabs
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14777895，3 年前A must-have for me, this is a godsend. Very useful for wide monitors. 4 stars though because I can't extend the width of the side window to more than a fixed width - which seems very arbitrary.
- 评分 4 / 5来自 NotDeveloper，3 年前I see 2 serious problems:
1. If you want to use it for Instagram, but you already use Facebook Container, you will have to login again and again.
2. Now you can not just create a folder for mobile websites and use it in sidebar as before, now you have to use context menu every time you need it. 2-3 clicks instead of 1.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 George C，3 年前Superb! Very useful add-on!
I hope that it continues to be developed. For example, to be able to drag it with no restriction. Or to have multiple pages that you can switch.