Betygsatt 4,3 av 5
4,3 stjärnor av 5
- av Firefox-användare 13801717, för 23 dagar sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5It was the best gesture extension i have used until it upgrades to 3.X.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- av drk001, för 23 dagar sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5New Gesturefy is suxx. It has been uninstalled for inaccuracy in recognizing mouse movements. I do not recommend.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- av Firefox-användare 13153259, för 23 dagar sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Out of curiosity because i use another extension, i installed this one, i configure my gestures with the same movements as the other plugin I use and which was disabled, and the gesture related to move down in one page does not work, only going up. Removed directly after that. Maybe I'll check again in a year.
- av waterwolf, för 23 dagar sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Until v3.0 this was almost perfect, now with the new fancier gesture tracker it is so unreliable, that it became useless. Pity.
Before that i used it with mouse, with touchpad, with thinkpad nipple and it always worked correctrly. It did't matter if i draw the line a bit crooked, as long as the direction was more "up" than "left/right" it detected "up'.
Now about 75 percent gestures i need to repeat time after time.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- av SDoppel, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Don't be misled by high star rating. This was before a major change was made. Latest change completely butchered how gestures are interpreted. Even after a backslash, the author is unwilling to change even though their issue forum is only filled with people with legitimate complaints because "negative feedback is always expected". But this isn't just a case of preference. No one complained about the old system (see its past ratings), but a lot of users are with the new system.
EDIT: The developer responded saying my review is "not so right" and provided a link to counter-argue my points. Just click on the exact link that they provided. You'll see more people complaining about the new system. The developer is willing to accept feedback, but they won't revert it back. They even tell people to just go use another addon if users like the old system. It goes to show how delusional the devs are.
Utvecklarens svarpostad för 24 dagar sedanEdit: With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
This is so not right!
> "Don't be misled by high star rating. This was before a major change was made."
Our ratings, starting with the update, are around 4,0
> "the author is unwilling to change"
This must be considered in a much more differentiated way (see https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues/500#issuecomment-644266573)
> "No one complained about the old system"
Not complaining in that sense, but there were people who wanted the current system and are so happy (including the developers)
- av Salsa, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Great extension!
Can we make it possible to arrange created gestures in an arbitrary order? If you arrange them by grouping according to certain criteria, it will be easier to remember
- av kenneth_mustard, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Excellent extension. Does exactly what I need, very versatile, just works! I couldn't be happier, and with the version 3.0, its full potential has been released. Amazing job!
- av Firefox-användare 16051526, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5I will start by saying I have loved this extension ever since the first version. The only reason I'm giving it 1 star is to attract developer attention to a very annoying issue with the latest version 3.0.1.
Let me paint the picture first: Users who install gesture addons, like me, and you - who are reading this now, are very particular users. They value convenience and ease of use. They want effectiveness and elegance. In the case of gestures - they have to, first of all, work. And work well. When I draw that L-shape on the screen, I want to be sure that in at least 95% of the time it will get recognized and trigger the action I need. Otherwise the addon becomes more of an obstacle than a help. You have managed to be that reliable rock-solid addon for a long tim for me.
With the version 3.0.1. unfortunately, I have immediately noticed that something's wrong. My gestures are no longer recognised effectively. It seems now, that the length of the lines I draw have something to do with the recognition process. I can no longer draw a shape that starts and ends properly. Now I have to be sure that the length of each segment is correct. This adds a layer of complexity that I do not need, and am not willing to adopt. It is unnecessary. It is more complexity, less convenience. And for the sake of what exactly? I'm not sure.
I reverted to the version 2.1.6. which seems to work as it always has. I will use that for now.
But the most important take away for you - the developers - should be that I will now start looking for alternatives among your competitors. I want to e up to date with addon versions for the sake of security, and if your addon still does not work as expected, I will regretably switch.
Let me leave you with this simple thought:
"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
Hope I was of help. Cheers.
- av Max, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5This is an amazing addon. It's fast, clean, pretty, and it help me navigate faster than ever before. Thank you so much for developing this addon. I hope there is a way I can sponsor.
- av Firefox-användare 15972315, för en månad sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5latest update is amazing. so much customisability! feels like i've got oldskool tabmixplus back. add some kind of donate button, this polished an addon deserves financial contribution. many thanks to dev. i only hope that security is tight and and any info it is sending home, if any, is minimal.