Avaliado em 4,8 de 5
4,8 de 5 estrelas
- por Usuário 13303151 do Firefox, há 2 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5I love this add-on! Been using it for months and no issues (except forgetting how to add non-standard/personalized search engines). I actually refused to upgrade Mozilla for a long time just because it lost this functionality. Now I can always upgrade to the latest version without losing my most-used functionality. Thank you, Danial Lobo!Thank you! :) You are quite welcome! SSS can be a little daunting at times, especially if you are first using it. If you ever forget something, the instructions in the addon options page (above the engines) might help, although they try to be very concise. Actually, if you have suggestions to improve the instructions please do tell me. :)
- por mimteatr, há 2 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5It's really a great add on but the only problem is that if I add a new search engine to the main search engine of browser (because that's the only way to add it, I don't know the specific search address ) this add on doesn't automatically add it to it, I have to reset all, and add again the .json file, that's really annoying :(
I'll give you a 5th star if you can tweak it to automatically accept new search engines added to the browser. Thanks!
Hey Daniel, thanks for your quick answer. I understand perfectly the limitations for developers now, and your solution is perfectly reasonable and logical, will use it, thanks again and added the 5th star :)
1. It works but it resets the order of SE, so I have to move them up/bottom all over again.
2. When Selecting a word on the very bottom of the page, the icons group still appears at the bottom thus hiding a great part of it, instead of showing above it.
Hey Maurice, thanks for understanding! :) Regarding the two points:
In the case of point 1, if you do not delete your imported engines and just try importing again, SSS should keep your engine's order. At least it's doing that for me. :) It should only create a new engine if it doesn't find one with the same search URL already, and it shouldn't touch your ordering. If you are able to tell me how to reproduce this problem I would be grateful.
As for point 2, what are you using as the "Popup location" option under "Popup Behaviour"? The option to place the popup at the bottom left corner of the selection can behave strangely on some websites, because some pages' footer can cause you to select more than what is visible. If you are using "At cursor location" it should always appear above your cursor (but clamped to the top of the page). That said, this might be some SSS problem as well. :)
[previous reply 2018-02-12]
Hi! SSS actually did this before Firefox 57. :) Unfortunately, now it can't!
There's currently no way for WebExtension addons to look at your search engines, that's why I had to work around that problem by requesting the file from the user. These links on bugzilla discuss this problem, but nothing was completed yet:
Sorry, but this is something I can't do currently. :(
By the way, re-importing the json file should not reset existing engines but simply add those that are not there yet. If it is resetting existing engines then it could be a bug. Could you tell me what is happening exactly?
If you add new engines to Firefox frequently and have to re-import the json file, consider leaving in SSS all imported engines, but disable those you don't use instead of removing them. :)
- por iscar, há 2 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5FF58 fix - in options for "Pop-up behaviour" change mouse behaviour to - "open in new/background tab (next to current tab)", same for "Context menu behaviour" - "open new/background tab (next to current tab)".Hi iscar, I greatly appreciate you trying to help everyone by suggesting a fix. :) Thank you very much! I just submitted an update (version 3.13.2) that should fix the problem. It was my mistake. :s Apologies for the inconvenience!
- por John Staples, há 2 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5I wondered if something like this existed! Is there a way to open the link in a ''new'' tab?
LOL I went through the options and figured it out..I have always wanted, to be able to do this in FF. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful add-on....
- por e-motiv, há 2 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5Exactly what I was looking for!
Hoping that soon...
...it syncs with firefox search engines settings soon (without manual), .
Feature request ---> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1352598
...keyword keyboard shortcut will be enabled (there are workarounds to webextension API shortcoming here)