- Avaliado em 5 de 5Классное расширение!!! Почему этих функций нет в Firefox для меня загадка!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5This is a great extension without which I wouldn't use Firefox. Thanks so much for it. There's one additional feature I'd love to see, though, which is in the similar 'Selection search' extension for Chrome. In that, in the list of search engines in the options, as well as new search engines one can add submenus and drag some of the search engines into them. In use, the submenus show up in the popup as folder symbols, and on moving the mouse over one of these folders (NOT clicking on it, just hovering over it) a further popup opens on top of the main popup containing the search engines that were put into the submenus in the Options. So, for example, my main popup contains the copy and launch URL, Google, Wikipedia, IMDB etc, but also 3 folders, one of which on mouseover opens a further popup of dictionaries, another of shopping site searches etc. This makes the main popup more reasonable in size and finding things easier than with this extension in Firefox where my Swift Selection Search has all the same search engines configured but the popup contains ALL of them as a mass of icons in a large popup. SO it would be great if you could add this feature. (Note that the engines put in a submenu both appear on mouseover of a folder in the popup, and appear in submenus in the context menu, if display in context menu is also selected.)Hi! Thanks for the suggestion and for the glowing review. :) Folders are quickly becoming the most requested feature right now and it's definitely on my plans. Unfortunately for me, it's a feature that will take a long time to implement (taking into account the amount of free time I have, and motivation :p), so I'll have to deal with other things in SSS first, before venturing into it. But it's something I want to do in one form or another. :) Cheers!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Thanks, Daniel
- Avaliado em 5 de 5For me is an essential add-on. It has everything I need.
- Avaliado em 5 de 510 из 10 -- автор гений! А тому кто придумал переключать руками два языка -- надо гвоздь в голову забить...
- Avaliado em 5 de 5good
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Switched over from "Context Search" add-on because of the convenient popup panel.
Showing all custom/default search engines except for Youtube. Yet after creating another Youtube engine, it appeared. Problem solved.
Thank you Daniel!Thanks for the review! I'm glad it worked out in the end. :) Not sure if it was the problem in this case, but the YouTube icon not appearing can happen due to certain content blocking lists on an ad-blocker, such as Fanboy's Annoyances list. Choosing an icon from outside of the youtube.com domain should work in that case. :)
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Hello, is it possible the context menu can be simply clicked and use the last used search engine and then please allow us to remove the original Firefox context menu item 'Search for'Hello! Thanks a lot for the review! :)
Unfortunately those are both things that Firefox does not allow. In the current way Firefox add-ons are made (WebExtensions), they cannot remove from the context entries that do not belong to themselves.
Clicking the SSS context menu parent "Search for" also seems to always do the default behaviour, which is to simply open the sub options, so SSS isn't even notified of a click there. Sorry I can't be of more help!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5good
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Works quickly, very customizable, just great. I needed something like this after coming over from Chrome, I was so used to the 'tab to search" and in FF not every website's search bar supports being added as a keyword.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5This is easily the best context search extension I have found. Lots of options but easy to use.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5I was looking for a replacement for SelectionSK. Really liked the SSS. It is possible to customize what you need. Thank you so much.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5It's absolutely great, there's just one problem I have with this - the pop-up shows sometimes when clicking on a youtube video. It would be nice if it could be fixed, but still it's not that big of a problem.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Just a great extension that I use on a daily basis!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Hi Daniel. Why do you need my permission to do, read and modify downloads?
EDIT: Thanks for the answer :) changing the review.Hi there! Some permissions are a very strange thing in SSS and they lead to doubt from users (understandably!). :) The main culprits are the permissions for downloads and web navigation, which are both related to very simple things that have almost nothing to do with downloads or web navigation.
The first one, from your question, is needed simply for saving/reading your SSS preferences to/from a file on your computer (at your request by clicking a button in the options page). This is in the domain of "downloads" and needs this permission.
The web navigation permission (you didn't ask but it's still important to make clear) was needed to fix a problem with the popup not working in pages with nested frames. Unfortunately the only way I could fix that problem requires the permission to detect when a page/frame finishes loading. This link has more information: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues/69
I hope that makes it clear. :) Rest assured that SSS does not otherwise read or modify your downloads, does not care about what sites you use, and does not send your data anywhere (except perhaps in the future sending your preferences to Firefox Sync, but still only if you wish to do that).
- Avaliado em 2 de 5Has promise but it only brings 4 search engines and does not explain well how to ad custom. It should add alot more for you to add like Amazon pintrest thepiratebay ect..Hey there!
Sorry to hear that I'm not explaining how to add engines very well. :(
SSS only includes a few search engines as (working) examples. You can import all search engines you use in your browser, for example, and then you can even add custom engines. Everything is explained under the instructions section of the add-on's options page. If you feel confused after reading those, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try to understand the problem and explain as best as I can. :)
I can't add your browser engines automatically without user intervention because of browser limitations, and I don't add more than the basic 4 because then people would start asking for many many many engines that are not present, when they really should add those that they use. :)
I hope this makes sense!
All the best,