- door Einhornyordle, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Why does the add-on require me to allow it to run in private windows? What if I don't want to use it in private windows anyway? Does it just want to collect some data when I use a private window, which exists to prevent tracking to a certain level? Kinda ironic for a VPN/Proxy Service...
Edit because of the Developer response: "You may choose to enable or disable this permission when installing the add-on, as well as in the Menu > Extensions section." No, I can't and that's the issue: If I do this the extension won't work any more, if I click on it it just tells me that the "Permission to run in private windows is required by Firefox for the extension to work." even in regular, non private/incognito windows.Hello. The permission to work in private windows is required for the add-on to work in private browsing mode also known as incognito. You may choose to enable or disable this permission when installing the add-on, as well as in the Menu > Extensions section. -G.M.
- door Hugoroy, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5A nice, functional add-on, but lacking several features. Unlike the desktop app for Windows, it does not have a killswitch for if your connection drops for whatever reason, something I find pertinent with web browsers especially, since if a connection is lost on many sites an auto-reconnect will be attempted. The server-browser is very lacking, with only the ability to choose countries rather than specific servers, as well as barring the specialty servers available in the Windows App like Dedicated IP. The total lack of the features (or the manner in which they are hidden, if they do exist and I simply cannot find them) is disappointing. it is good for on-the-fly IP switching, but for privacy? Not enough control to be useful.Hello. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our service and applications. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to contact us at https://support.nord-help.net/.
Regarding there being less features on the browser extension - this is normal because the browser extension only acts as a proxy for your browsing to hide your IP address, it does not provide data encryption like the desktop version. Because of this, you can only select countries to connect to and the specialty servers are non-existent on the extension. Same for such features like the Kill-switch. If you'd like access to all of those features and if data encryption while browsing is what you're after we recommend connecting with the desktop application instead of the browser extension. If you have any further questions or need any further help please don't hesitate to contact our support via the link mentioned before. -R.L.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13731703, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5My usual download speed is 200 but with nord it reduces to 50 or around abouts. This could be improved hopefully for better download speeds.Hello. VPN connection speed is highly dependent on a number of factors and can be improved by altering a few settings dependently on the configuration used. Therefore, we'd advise you on contacting our customers' support team at support.nordvpn.com so they could provide you assistance on its improvement. Thank you!
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14362759, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5It works well but i'm missing one important convenience "tweak" or user comfort/convenience feature.
In the world of password managers, please allow for the user to have automated login details to be enterered. Right now it does not allow easy copy pasing of login details because clicking anywhere outside the plugin window will close the window and clear the field you've already filled in.
It's highly annoying having to type everything everytime you wish to login with the browser plugin.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15913525, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Competitive price and valid option to obtain privacy, but the speed and quality of the servers is very variable, very bad in some countries (my country of connection, for example). The technical support is attentive but could not offer an effective solution. They assume that the problem is in each PC and not in the differences in the service they offer for each region.Hello. We'd ask you to update your review with the Ticket ID that you've received after contacting our customers' support team, so we could check how was your inquiry handled on our end. Thank you!
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15743954, één jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5The extension works, but the extension does not think I am signed in. Many times I open the browser, I am still connected to the VPN. If I go to nordvpn.com it says I am "protected", BUT the extension still prompts me to log in. It is very annoying. If I want to turn off the VPN, I first have to log in (I should already be logged in, but the extension doesn't realize that) and then once I log in (again) I can finally tell it to disconnect. This needs to be fixed.Hello. Do disconnect from our server before closing your browser to see whether the issue that you're currently experiencing persists the next time you launch it.
- door Altermoon, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Why add-on screen so small? (http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2019/12/27/0029/3490/1904034/34/92df2bfbdc.png) Fix it!Hello. Do not hesitate to reach our customers' support team if experiencing any issue regarding our service's functionality. Our team is available 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com.
- door jason6062, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Cant search for another country nowHello. Do reinstall our extension to see whether the issue regarding its malfunctioning persists afterward. In case it does, drop a line to our customers' support team, for them to provide you with further assistance on the issue's resolve. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15498243, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Fast internet speed but lacks a lot of options that the desktop app has. You cannot access different protocols like tcp/udp - cannot access onion servers or ob servers if you are in a dangerous country.
Would be nice if these options could be available in the extension.
At this moment I have to us the desktop app to do this tasks - but the internet speed when doing so since the latest update slows the speed down to very low levels- reminds me of sending a message via a wounded pidgeon.Hello. The specialty servers are inaccessible via our extension due to the different protocol usage. However, in terms of our application's connection speed, it does depend on a number of factors and can be improved by altering a few settings dependently on the configuration used. Hence, it would be best if you'd contact our customers' support team, for them to check what could be causing the slowdown and provide you with assistance on speeds improvement. Our team is available 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. Thank you!
- door Nirav Patel, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Not able to select different country. Extension cannot load country list.Hello. Do contact our customers' support team, for them to check what could be causing the issue that you're currently experiencing and provide you with assistance on its resolve afterward. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14869000, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5The app works some of the time, then it goes buggy on me and then disconnects. I try to logon, and it asks me for my u.n. and pw again, and continually disconnects after I try to logon again. other times I logon, and it stays that way until the day is done.Hello. It would be best if you'd contact our customers' support team, for them to check what could be causing the issue that you're currently experiencing and provide you with assistance on its resolve afterward. Our team is available 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15311655, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Works just fine, sometimes I have to disable then re-enable for me to log in again, but my main concern is the permissions required by the extension, Why does it need access to my private browsing for the extension to work? can someone please explain this to me? this is a major privacy concern to meHello. Apologies if this has caused you any confusion. This is a Firefox requirement and the way it handles proxy connections. Everything's working as intended.