- Waardering: 5 van 5door zaemz, 2 jaar geledenWorks really well on Firefox across both Windows and Linux (Fedora 33). Only thing I don't like is that sometimes I can't get the banner to go away or save a new account and password, but I think it's something that's borked with my PC's configs.
- Waardering: 5 van 5door tseren, 2 jaar geledenAs a KeePassXC user, this extension is absolute gold. Getting it to work isn't entirely intuitive. Tips from a happy user:
Make sure the KeePassXC database has permission to link by checking off the relevant boxes under Tools > Settings > Browser Integration and Database Settings > Browser Integration. Don't close KeePassXC. Go to the extension and connect it under Settings > Connected Databases. In order for this extension to function, KeePassXC *must be running*. In KeePassXC, you can choose to minimize or hide the program instead of quitting under Tools > Settings. In the KeePass entry itself, don't forget to specify a URL.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Hugojburg, 2 jaar geledenNo matter how many times I click on the add database button it will not work, rendering the Add-On uselessDid you mean the "Connect" button? Please check the Troubleshooting Guide at https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/wiki/Troubleshooting-guide or make a new GitHub issue if the problem is not solved. Thanks.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door aWalker, 2 jaar geledenIt's really a convenience to use this add-on with KeePassXC. But, there been an issue that has been raised several months back :
In my case
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
`keepassxc-proxy` makes tcp connections to remote servers over internet & transfers data(with 36+ KB/s speed) without user permission under Linux root privileges.
tcp 0 0 192.168.42.245:52470 220.127.116.11:80 ESTABLISHED 20559/keepassxc-pro
tcp 0 392 192.168.42.245:34738 18.104.22.168:443 ESTABLISHED 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:49194 22.214.171.124:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:53060 126.96.36.199:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:60362 188.8.131.52:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 25 0 192.168.42.245:39074 184.108.40.206:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 7890 0 192.168.42.245:34738 220.127.116.11:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
simple ip2location domain :
18.104.22.168 .... CloudFlare Inc.
22.214.171.124 .... edgecast.com
126.96.36.199 .. fastly.com
188.8.131.52 ... CloudFlare Inc.
184.108.40.206 ... CloudFlare Inc.
220.127.116.11 .. M5 Computer Security
I tried several times, had to lock password-DB out of fear.
This bug/issue is not addressed by Firefox, claim KeePassXC team on their issue-tracker-logs.
I'm in a limbo, is Firefox breaching user privacy without their knowledge; what data is being transferred to remote servers by keepassxc-proxy?
Should I abandon Firefox; isn't it the most secure (or configurable) browser out there?
Should I change passwords of hundreds of accounts now?
I'm using AutoTyping where ever it's possible & often wished they had auto-type separately for Username & Password; you know for pages like firefox or google account logins.
cheersThis is not the first time the issues rises its head from the depths.
Here's the KeePassXC-Browser issue: https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/issues/100
And here's the Mozilla one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1463873
Again: this is a Firefox bug. If you look the connections keepassxc-proxy makes with Chromium-based browsers, you'll see none.
And to clarify: keepassxc-proxy does not make any connections. These are file descriptors that are leaking from the parent process (Firefox).
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16427579, 2 jaar geledenMe costó un poco conectarla al principio pero siguiendo la pista de la documentación lo logré en seguida. Una maravilla para la seguridad de nuestras contraseñas!
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16394757, 2 jaar geledenEdit: It turns out the checkbox for Browser Integration with Firefox/Tor Browser became unchecked for some reason. After rechecking it, it works without a problem.
I've gotten KeepassXC set up on Brave and Vivaldi already. But this Firefox extension just gives me the error: "Key exchange was not successful" when I try to reload the connection.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Myster, 2 jaar geledenJust doesn't work.
Behaviour is so random. Extension works for some sites, and completely fails for others (about 70% of the websites I browse).
The most frustrating thing, is that this green icon appears in the login field, but nothing happens when you press it.
To be noted, this is consistent whichever browser I use (FF or Chrome) and whichever OS I run (Windows 10 or Linux Mint).
I gave a KeepassXC and the browser extension a try because it looked promising, and the KeepassXC GUI is nicer to plain Keepass, but it seems I have no other option than revert to Keepass + RPC pluging + Kee browser extension.
Sad.The green icon appears if your database is unlocked. It doesn't tell if you have credentials for the site or not. The popup shows an icon with a questionmark if credentials are found, and the same feature will be implemented to the Username field icon later.
If you have troubles for getting your credentials to the site, please ensure your entry URL's are correct. Sometimes pages use iframes from other subdomains for the login fields, so the safest best is to use https://example.com instead of https://loginpage.example.com. When a subdomain is removed from the entry URL it works as a wildcard, meaning https://example.com will match https://*.example.com and so on.