- Waardering: 2 van 5door THTG, één jaar geledenFor some reason I can't get it to add to Firefox. After pushing the "Add to Firefox" blue button the blue dot just moves back and forth where the button was. Any suggestions? I'm using Ubuntu 21.10. Thank you.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17244481, één jaar geledenIt used to work, but now it does not. I am using Debian 11 and Xfce 4.16. My browsers are Firefox 91.5.0esr and Tor 11.0.4. KeePassXC is 2.6.6.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaaréén jaar geleden geplaatstThis sounds like a problem with your browser and Tor. Check our GitHub for troubleshooting guide. If you have any further questions, please make a new issue about them. Thanks.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16611524, 2 jaar geledenHorribly unreliable. Two stars because it isn't completely broken.
I flush cookies on quit, so I sign into the same sites over and over. I *know* the URLs are right. I know it *can* find the right login form fields for these sites. It has succeeded in the past, so everything must be in place to work right. It just often doesn't fill them in. And it's not just one symptom, it's a strange mix of scenarios and reassuring feedback right before it does nothing. I love keepass, and want to love the extension, but I'm off to write a few github issues.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door aWalker, 2 jaar geledenIt's really a convenience to use this add-on with KeePassXC. But, there been an issue that has been raised several months back :
In my case
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
`keepassxc-proxy` makes tcp connections to remote servers over internet & transfers data(with 36+ KB/s speed) without user permission under Linux root privileges.
tcp 0 0 192.168.42.245:52470 188.8.131.52:80 ESTABLISHED 20559/keepassxc-pro
tcp 0 392 192.168.42.245:34738 184.108.40.206:443 ESTABLISHED 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:49194 220.127.116.11:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:53060 18.104.22.168:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 1 0 192.168.42.245:60362 22.214.171.124:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 25 0 192.168.42.245:39074 126.96.36.199:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
tcp 7890 0 192.168.42.245:34738 188.8.131.52:443 CLOSE_WAIT 20225/keepassxc-pro
simple ip2location domain :
184.108.40.206 .... CloudFlare Inc.
220.127.116.11 .... edgecast.com
18.104.22.168 .. fastly.com
22.214.171.124 ... CloudFlare Inc.
126.96.36.199 ... CloudFlare Inc.
188.8.131.52 .. M5 Computer Security
I tried several times, had to lock password-DB out of fear.
This bug/issue is not addressed by Firefox, claim KeePassXC team on their issue-tracker-logs.
I'm in a limbo, is Firefox breaching user privacy without their knowledge; what data is being transferred to remote servers by keepassxc-proxy?
Should I abandon Firefox; isn't it the most secure (or configurable) browser out there?
Should I change passwords of hundreds of accounts now?
I'm using AutoTyping where ever it's possible & often wished they had auto-type separately for Username & Password; you know for pages like firefox or google account logins.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstThis is not the first time the issues rises its head from the depths.
Here's the KeePassXC-Browser issue: https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/issues/100
And here's the Mozilla one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1463873
Again: this is a Firefox bug. If you look the connections keepassxc-proxy makes with Chromium-based browsers, you'll see none.
And to clarify: keepassxc-proxy does not make any connections. These are file descriptors that are leaking from the parent process (Firefox).
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Myster, 2 jaar geledenJust doesn't work.
Behaviour is so random. Extension works for some sites, and completely fails for others (about 70% of the websites I browse).
The most frustrating thing, is that this green icon appears in the login field, but nothing happens when you press it.
To be noted, this is consistent whichever browser I use (FF or Chrome) and whichever OS I run (Windows 10 or Linux Mint).
I gave a KeepassXC and the browser extension a try because it looked promising, and the KeepassXC GUI is nicer to plain Keepass, but it seems I have no other option than revert to Keepass + RPC pluging + Kee browser extension.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstThe green icon appears if your database is unlocked. It doesn't tell if you have credentials for the site or not. The popup shows an icon with a questionmark if credentials are found, and the same feature will be implemented to the Username field icon later.
If you have troubles for getting your credentials to the site, please ensure your entry URL's are correct. Sometimes pages use iframes from other subdomains for the login fields, so the safest best is to use https://example.com instead of https://loginpage.example.com. When a subdomain is removed from the entry URL it works as a wildcard, meaning https://example.com will match https://*.example.com and so on.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Nihilissmis, 3 jaar geledenI migrated from KeePass 2 and KeePass-http on Firefox (78.0.2) to KeePassXC 2.6.0/KeePassXc-browser 1.6.6. as this was more actively supported. Over half (no exaggeration) of websites with passwords stored, now come up with 'No logins found'. As suggested in the bug report, I rolled back to previous version (2.5.4), but I still have the same issue. Would be very happy to come back and change my review when this is sorted as it looks very promising when it would be working, which it currently is not for me.
Update 29/7: It seems that a lot of URL fields are filled with 13 digit numbers, instead of URLs. I'm trying to find a backup of my keepass to see if this was like that before. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Thanks!
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstYou're probably affected by URL scheme handling. Old KeePassHTTP didn't care if the scheme was http or https. KeePassXC does. You'll have to either change all URL's to use proper schemes, e.g. https://example.com or disable the setting "Match URL scheme" under Browser Integration settings. If this doesn't solve it, please make an issue to GitHub. Thanks!
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14096097, 3 jaar geledenHe seguido las instrucciones de instalación del plugin y del programa y las de configuración para conectarlas y... nada. La integración está habilitada, la base de datos está desbloqueada pero el plugin no ve ninguna base de datos.
Thanks you. And excuse my English, please.
I'm working with Ubuntu 18.04 and Firefox. I've read the guide and... there's no native-messaging-hosts folder neither org.keepassxc.keepassxc_browser.json file. So...
And I don't even know if this is the right place to answer.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatsthttps://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/wiki/Troubleshooting-guide
EDIT: Make sure you are not using Firefox installed via Snap or Flatpak. Use the normal version installed from the repository. The native messaging folder and JSON file should appear when you enable the Browser Integration from KeePassXC. If this doesn't solve the problem, please make a new issue to GitHub with additional details. Thanks.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Jim, 4 jaar geledenThis seldom works. I've spent over an hour (not an exaggeration) trying to get KeePassXC-Browser to store credentials for websites I frequent. It connects to KeepPassXC but cannot detect login fields even if you explicitly point them out to the extension. I might as well use KeePassXC as a standalone and constantly put my credentials on the clipboard.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstIf you are having problems with sites that have username field and password field divided to a different pages, please add the URL to Site Preferences tab.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14017851, 5 jaar geledenUsed to be perfect. Since the last update it fills in every single search field on every single page I visit. It seems the new username field detection errs heavily on the side of "fill in username in every field".
Every page I open it asks for permissions, every time I click somewhere my email adress is entered in a random input field. Browsing has become a nightmare.